Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. plaques outside
    By A11kns in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-10-2013, 12:47 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 18-10-2012, 10:42 PM
  3. Purchasing pre cut Vinyl
    By Kahboose in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-06-2012, 10:37 PM
  4. bms plaques
    By jennywren in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
  5. Plaques
    By rossikey in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchasing Plaques - Where?

Morning all,

Angie wants to purchase a stack of subli plaques. In the passed I've purchased from Xpres and they've been good quality with Coreldraw templates for creating the artwork.

I've not purchased any in a while so just wondering if Xpres are still price competitive compared to other vendors, plus, I don't have time to create templates :)

Cheers

john
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from the normal vendors Nova-chrome supply plaques and are based in Anglesey just up the road from you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul - a long way up the road from me, I could get to London and back in the time it takes to drive to N.Wales :) Of course, I could always pop in and see Kate & Wils.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are looking shields like plaques i got some of bms but they are lighter (in weight) than the ones I ordered before of sublisupplies, but as it was for a new order it won't matter, they also had the square plaques when I was looking

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it really necessary to have templates for rectangular plaques? Once you've measured the length and height you can then simply add a margin for the bleed and crop your image to that size.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Is it really necessary to have templates for rectangular plaques? Once you've measured the length and height you can then simply add a margin for the bleed and crop your image to that size.
    That would depend on what's being put on the plaque Martin. If it's a picture then you could probably get away with no template (just the rought size), but if there is any text to be inserted onto the plaque then a template is a must. As an example I put company logos onto plaques with various amounts of text - so I need a template to make sure everything is straight and central.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I need it for I don't do picture plaques, pus the is a dark blue background so it its not in the middle it will stand out like a sore thumb with text underneath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    That would depend on what's being put on the plaque Martin. If it's a picture then you could probably get away with no template (just the rought size), but if there is any text to be inserted onto the plaque then a template is a must. As an example I put company logos onto plaques with various amounts of text - so I need a template to make sure everything is straight and central.
    But a template is just a rectangle to the correct size. Surely this is easy enough to do in PS. If you need guidelines then that's different, but a template in basic form is just the area.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    But a template is just a rectangle to the correct size. Surely this is easy enough to do in PS. If you need guidelines then that's different, but a template in basic form is just the area.
    Sorry - I must have missed the 'rectangle' bit - I thought we were talking about 'shield' shaped plaques ...... :-(
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to be a pain the arse Adam, I drew around the shield did the 300 dpi , did it on a a4 sheet brought in to photo shop, got the crest where i wanted but when I put on the dark blue back ground it covered the a4 page, how do I over come this, it was great I had a slighter bigger size I had even put in guides to line it up.