Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ASDA selling personalised products ???
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-12-2014, 06:36 PM
  2. Various Sublimation Products advice
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
  3. What's the best selling sublimation products ?
    By sonywiz in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-05-2012, 07:58 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asda doing sublimation products

Just visited an Asda store for the first time in a while and noticed that they have personalised sublimation products for sale. I think Morrisons may do this too - jigsaws, mugs, tshirts, bags etc.

Does anyone thought about how much this impact has on traders and is it a recent thing or have I just not noticed?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've all been doing this for ages

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asda have been doing personalised items for a while, but it's not done in store, afaik, it takes about a fortnight to get a mousemat :(

I got a lot of business on the run up to christmas because Asda where taking so long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    they dont do sublimation. They Think they do it ;) i bought a mug of them just to check the quality. It took them ages to delivery my mug. After weeks i recived my item. Black was not black an graphic was faded on both side. No way i could send something like that to the customer. I remember wasting 3 mugs just to get that 1 perfect one for my friend!
    Last edited by Paul; 18-05-2011 at 12:11 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok thanks for that... I was wondering - show you how many times I visit Asda.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the product I have seen produced by whoever and sold through Asda I have only seen about 7 different items but they were terrible and i've never seen colours like it! My sister had some produced also some years back before I did this and I can't beleive that she accepted it with her children having skin tones that look like they are from outer space, the image was also chipping off after a short while so I do hope they have improved the quality of mug etc.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asda, Tesco, and the others have been doing these for ages. They do it because they feel they need to do everything. For those who don't care about the product and just want to order something, I'm sure they are convenient enough.

You have to ask what you offer that Asda doesn't. Personalised mugs doesn't just mean that the mug is personalised, it means that the service is personalised, too.

Most of my customers come to me because they want to know that there is someone on the other end of the phone/email that's taking care of their order and will do everything they can to ensure quality, speed, and a caring service. If people don't want that, then they can go to Asda.

Supermarkets are jacks of all trades. We're masters of one. There's a difference.