Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 2D or 3D personalisation app for eCommerce websites
    By Ian Bell in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-09-2013, 09:42 AM
  2. Product Images for Websites
    By Ricky in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 05:40 PM
  3. Drop Shippers/personalisation websites
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-10-2012, 09:05 PM
  4. Useful Design Websites
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Websites....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can put a basic site up, but not sure i it looks professional enough to tempt someone to part with their cash.
    Any site, even the most basic can work - the most important factor is getting it on Google's 1st page and being able to take payment on the site.

6 sites? Flippin heck!
    4 are printing related - 1 sells protection to car bodyshops (disposable seatcovers, floormats etc) and the other is for my Brother in laws Hotel. Hotel one needs work done as its had that many amendment I think it needs starting all over again.

I would love to go on a Dreamweaver course but the money they want is unrealistic unless I was designing and selling sites everyday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a basic one that can take payment, but not sure its any good! Can you pm me your addresses that I can take a peek :-)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have two websites, the online store was built on my own domain using wordpress. Install the wp-ecommerce plugin and if you want it to look good, try one of the wp-ecommerce wordpress themes. I upgraded to the full version of kelontong and can't recommend it enough...very professional looking. Total cost about £40 plus a few quid each month for web space etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gary - looks very professional!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to agree that wordpress is one of the easiest to use for those with limited knowledge. Plenty of plug-ins to cater for most needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPM View Post
    I had a look at Prestashop but when it started going on about databases I backed straight away.... :-|
    Dont'e be scared it's not that bad, trust me if i can do it anyone can lol. When you get your hosting details find the MYSQL details on your account, then once uploaded prestashop and you go to install page it asks you for these details, just simply key them in and that's it your database will be created.

If you go for prestashop i would be more than happy to help if you got stuck. I have a copy of webplus x4 my fiancee bought for me about a year ago i've never built a site with it for real but played about with it, i could make a one for you for free if you like, only thing is i would have to do it in my spare time (nights and sunday's). If intrested PM your email and i'll send you some more details.
    Matthew
    Someone knocked over my recycle bin... there are icons all over my desktop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend Prestashop too.

Quite easy to get a good looking site up and running IMHO, if you choose your host carefully they can auto install the latest version and all you have to do is fill the shop up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alligiftor View Post
    Dont'e be scared it's not that bad, trust me if i can do it anyone can lol. When you get your hosting details find the MYSQL details on your account, then once uploaded prestashop and you go to install page it asks you for these details, just simply key them in and that's it your database will be created.

If you go for prestashop i would be more than happy to help if you got stuck. I have a copy of webplus x4 my fiancee bought for me about a year ago i've never built a site with it for real but played about with it, i could make a one for you for free if you like, only thing is i would have to do it in my spare time (nights and sunday's). If intrested PM your email and i'll send you some more details.
    Thank you very much for the offer - and I might take you up on that!! I think I need another look at prestashop and its alternatives to get something proper sorted out so I can learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzer View Post
    I would recommend Prestashop too.

Quite easy to get a good looking site up and running IMHO, if you choose your host carefully they can auto install the latest version and all you have to do is fill the shop up.
    Im gonna have to have another look at this I think...I just wanted something up quick, but I dont thnk thats going to work without using one of these providers..

Member Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @TPM - I dont mind putting you in contact with my designer... he has done great websites etc... his price are cheap aswell - pm me and ill give you more details :0)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have the best website in the world - if you don't get it on the 1st page, or pages, of Google then you've wasted your money.