Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Time for a moan!
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:59 PM
  2. it nearly xmas time
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
  3. time,
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 06:14 PM
  4. Time
    By ianwaldron in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-06-2011, 05:45 PM
  5. MUG time!! and HELLO!
    By hooperjaws in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive not ordered carts, Its rioch ink in bottles for "refillable cartridges" or continuous ink feed systems. As for pressure, I would have thought that wrapping the heat-resistant tape around the transfer when on the mug would get the job done? Or does the glue in the tape melt too much and the paper then slip away..

Ok so after reading around on this great forum, Ive decided to buy a little halogen oven. Cheaper than a mug press, and supposedly when used well gives good results. Ive just snapped up a little 11 litre one from ebay for £28.97 including postage, which I hope will be big enough to hold 2 mugs. Brings over the £100 spent mark now, to £119.82 Still have to buy mugs, paper, and find solutions for "wraps" and ICC profile..

If I make any mugs that look half decent I will post the pictures. Scratch that - I'll post pictures however good/bad they turn out!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh right you are, Rotech it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... where abouts would the vats of sawgrass be located, Martin, and do you know the code to their alarm system, and do you have a couple of billy-cans I can borrow?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hooperjaws View Post
    So... where abouts would the vats of sawgrass be located, Martin, and do you know the code to their alarm system, and do you have a couple of billy-cans I can borrow?
    Oh, I wish...I'd be off in my private jet...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive just run into another issue. This epson printer that I am donating to the mug making game has been under my desk and used as a foot stool. Now Im either going to have to slouch less or find a sturdy replacement.
    In other news, I have now ordered paper and mugs! Ill be having a lot of fun when all this stuff arrives in a few days time! I still dont have any mug wraps though. Is it possible to make them? Has anyone on here had any success making them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried putting mugs in my counter top halogen oven without wraps on, and ended up with paper scorch marks all over the place :(

You won't get into sublimation printing by trying to do it on the cheap, if that was the case, everyone and their granny would be at it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    just buy them ;) they inexpensive and trust me. You need enough preasure to get your artwork sharp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC colour profiles are available from http://www.sawgrassink.com/technical-support, they are of course not the right profiles for your inks but may prove to be a better place to start that just stabbing in the dark, Remember that the profile are to match the colours you see on your screen to the colours on the finished product.

in terms of mug wraps. its a bit far out but maybe some silicone sheets (the kind use to line oven trays (for example http://www.johnlewis.com/230563437/P...x?source=63258)) and some down pipe brackets or jubilee clips.
    Like I said, A bit far out but it might see you through until you feel it would be a worth while investment to get a press or some purpose designed mug wraps .

BTW welcome to the froum
    Andy no longer @ BMS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats brilliant thanks guys. Ive downloaded the ICC for sawgrass Artanium, which should get me started. Ive also located some open-source (free!) color profile tools on the internet which might help too. Thanks for the tip about silicone sheets, Draner, might just get me off the ground. Kaz, you are probably right, that doing it on the cheap is a mistake, but ive no budget at all on this - the wife is already sick and tired of me spending money on hobbys etc.. ..literally every penny I spend is a penny over budget so all savings possible are worth making. Who knows, if I recoup some of the cash I might be able to re-store the bank account before she notices the dents I have made!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forget the icc profile for the moment they don't always give the right colours just use your printer's profile print out an colour chart target to much folks banging on about icc profiles believe me they don't give good results it best to find your own way and don't get to much into the colour management bit or you'll end up spending more money on crap instead of making money go for it cheap is best profit is an bonus brucies bonus lol