Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Time for a moan!
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 08:59 PM
  2. it nearly xmas time
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
  3. time,
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  4. Time
    By ianwaldron in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-06-2011, 04:45 PM
  5. MUG time!! and HELLO!
    By hooperjaws in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    lol. Real pro speek up ; ) so you want epson driver to deal with sublimation inks??? ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Boris. When I've got my ICC profile switched on, the colours come out all faded, and wrong, as was witnessed by the forum mug that I printed out. Switched it off and it was perfect.

I guess they work for some and not for others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    they always work kaz ;) you just need right one ;) with right settings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, it was the one that came with my ink/printer, and as far as I know the settings are right, just getting better print quality without it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    fair enough kaz. But most profiles for inks from same company are uselees for start ;) but lets wait for #onathan to speek up. He can tell more about this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    fair enough kaz. But most profiles for inks from same company are uselees for start ;) but lets wait for #onathan to speek up. He can tell more about this.
    I think if some people have a system working, then it's probably not best to argue against it. Who knows, maybe some "unofficial" ink manufacturer has developed their dye-sub ink that's close enough to OEM that it's enough to use the OEM profiles - but that ink won't be supplied by Sawgrass.

After all, it's possible to use third-party dye-ink and get acceptable results with OEM profiles, it shouldn't be beyond the bounds of R&D to do the same with dye-sub ink.

You and I both know what's required to maintain accurate and consistent results, because we've learned our lessons from trying to "do it cheap" already.

icc profiles believe me they don't give good results ... don't get to much into the colour management bit
    I'm still laughing at this one.

It may be true to say that certain profiles provided by certain ink manufacturers for certain printers are not all that accurate, simply because they are more generic than specific. But to casually dismiss colour management in general and all profiles in particular like this is a joke worthy of a Christmas cracker.

Oh well, some people need to learn at their own pace, and I'm certainly not going to get into an argument over it. Life's too short.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jonathan, I use sawgrass ink in my Ricoh with the ICC from sawgrass, and I find it's pants

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Jonathan, I use sawgrass ink in my Ricoh with the ICC from sawgrass, and I find it's pants
    Doesn't surprise me. Sawgrass produce one profile for entry-level printers and they call that "support". The cheaper the printer, the more likely it is to drift from manufacturing tolerances and the less effective a "generic" profile will be.

The same is true for OEM profiles (all printers use a profile of some kind, it's just that you don't see it if you're using OEM inks), and this is why the more expensive photographic printers are purposefully calibrated by the OEM. That's not cost-effective for entry-level printers, but it's essential if you want accurate prints.

Sawgrass have produced several profiles for their printers over the years. I've detailed before how their v1 profile for the R1400 works with the R1400 I bought in 2007, but not with the one bought in 2010; while their v2.5 profile works with the one bought in 2010 but not the one bought in 2007. How's that supposed to figure?

Likewise, my refurbished B40W last year produced horrific green casts with the Sawgrass-supplied profile. And I recall a discussion from someone who had a R1800 but couldn't get a good red out of it - despite the inkset having a specific "red" ink tank - and Sawgrass's response was "don't print red, then".

All this said, if Sawgrass ink was designed to work without a profile, Sawgrass wouldn't provide a profile. They don't go out of their way to devote time and resources into producing profiles if they don't feel that profiles are required. They even go so far as to produce a "PowerDriver" for Ricoh printers to save people having to think about the profiles.

I'm not surprised that the Sawgrass-produced profile might not work for you, because I've experienced the same things. But, with every one of my printers, I produce far more accurate results by profiling them myself. If I didn't, I'd be too embarrassed to send the resulting prints to my customers...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW some definate gems from others that have "learned the hard way". Ive bought my bulldog clips (£1.40) and silicone mat (£1.99) lol so now I think I have spent all I need to, to bake me a mug!! Yes, I have done everything incredibly cheaply, and theres a good chance that the printer hasnt been used for so long that it wont even print (and then the further problem that there is existing pigment ink in the printer heads that needs flushing out first). Notwithstanding all that, I am just gonna go for it and see what the first mug comes out like. Im really wishing I hadnt bought cheapy transfer paper off ebay (I had only read the comments that 'paper makes a big difference' AFTER I had ordered some), but at least I will have something to experiment with, and get started with.. ..Hope the gear I have ordered arrives before the weekend so my daughter and I can mess about with it on saturday! Total spent: £159.14

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I understand how your house has got cluttered :) :) Joking of course!
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.