Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 16x16 photo slate needed
    By Ricky in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-07-2014, 08:49 AM
  2. Photo Rock/Slate
    By MikeyMike in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-02-2014, 09:52 PM
  3. First Photo Slate what do you think??
    By marksbananas in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 16-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Slate

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul

What was your times temps pressure etc?

I think they look great in B&W I did one colour one and wasnt overpleased.
    I just think some products look better in greyscale

BR

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When slate was hot I remove from the press with gloves, laid it face down on the image and used 4 pieces of heat tape to hold image in place. Turned upside down, laid in heat press
    No, I think you have read that wrong

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it was face down on the paper and then I turned it round the other way so the paper was on top of the slate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys - maybe I'm on a lucky streak....! My first attempt at a photo slate was perfect! I followed Martin's advice - warmed up the slate and silicon pad, then pressed for 6 minutes at 195 using TruPix paper. I have the Xpres/Magic Touch/Adkins 38x50cm swing away press. (By the way, I have an Espon S21 printer - the cheap £35 one which is subject to a lot of debate! - you'll see the results when I post the pic!)

When the timer beeped, I move the platten away and the paper seemed to lift itself off the slate - almost like some kind of magic going on! Bloody hot to touch though, and still warm after 15 minutes or so. I'll get a picture posted in the next day or two...

Here is a pic of my first (and so far, only) attempt at a photo slate. The corner was broken off when it arrived so thought it would be a good test. The attachment shows very bright colours, but they are not quite as bring in real-life.

Hope this helps......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by barryslip; 16-06-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added photo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So I can see slate subiect is popular again ;)
    I fork out few quid from empty any way pocket and bought brand spanky new heat press from coralgraph ;) so ladies and gentlemens! I am back in the game again!

so what was first i decided to test my new beauty on???
    yep!!! :) "SLATES" hehe...
    I am realy sorry to hear that loads of you gave up on them but i understand as its not cheapest blank to practice on :( but as Barry I decided to worm up a little my stone. and I mean a little :) so i just can still hold it with bare hands. But I also heated up my rubber sheet.

as normal. 360sec and roasted in 195C. Now I know what BArry mean about magic paper lift lol :)

here is the effect:

I love the finish and paper never stick to this slate. but i left the paper on for few minutes to cool before I decided to take it off. Paper used: texPrint HR.

hope you like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Paul - nice finish!

When you say that you heated up the slate, did you still 'wrap' the paper (the image) around the slate before pressing?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    yes I did. you can not se it to much on this photo as it was shoot on bright background.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    yes I did. you can not se it to much on this photo as it was shoot on bright background.
    No it wasn't reference the photo Paul - this looks great and I can see that the background is white so it wouldn't have got to the edges as much as a vibrant one ................ I meant, did you still wrap the image around as the stone was hot, but you mentioned that it could still be handled with bare hands so that answers my own question ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    .............. I meant, did you still wrap the image around as the stone was hot, but you mentioned that it could still be handled with bare hands so that answers my own question ;-)
    I can't answer for Paul (!), but that's exactly how I did it though AdamB. Placed the slate on the heat press, placed the rubber pad on top, then pressed gently for 1 minute (ish), removed with a tea towel and wrapped the image around.

I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow.........

Barry