Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDP supplies
    By cardman in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 07:24 PM
  2. ETc Supplies
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 31-08-2011, 08:58 AM
  3. Subli soft & subli t t-shirts
    By swimwivsquid in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-01-2011, 06:59 AM
  4. Any news on Subli Supplies?
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 01:53 AM
  5. Subli supplies sale
    By Kaz in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subli Supplies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subli Supplies

Just had the following e-mail from Subli Supplies. Easier to repost the email than try and explain it

Hi,

We have some rather big news to tell you today. This is very positive news, for us and for our clients.

As you know, myself and Mark have been running subli supplies for a few years now, we have built a loyal client base, who we have very much enjoyed supplying - however we discovered over the past three years is that this business of distributing a wide range of blanks, consumables & equipment, takes a heck of a lot of time and effort, organisation and resources - and quite frankly as a small husband and wife business with a young and growing family, the Subli Supplies business is just too much, in the form it was previously in. We either needed to invest in staff and systems, or we needed to make some drastic changes, the former was not a viable option for us, so we went for the latter.

We decided that we would focus on particular areas of the business that we are best suited to operate - therefore, we are now focusing on three areas. Metals, training & mug boxes.

As fate would have it, at the time we were making this decision we learned that one of our clients, a larger business who have been in the printing game for quite a number of years - Meshtex Limited - were moving into the wholesale dye sublimation supplies business, so we reached a great win-win agreement with Meshtex, which means that we are now handing over the reins to them so that we can focus on our new streamlined business.

So, from today onwards - the main SubliSupplies website is being taken over by Meshtex (the sublisuppies.com website will point to their new website at subli.co.uk). You will be able to continue to source your dye sublimation blanks from them, and I'm sure you will find them to be a great supplier. They have been in business since the early 1970's, in fact their parent company Wrendal Holdings, started in 1929, so they have a lot of experience - they're very well set up in terms of premises, staff, systems and resources, and they have everything that a great distributor needs, in order to offer a great dependable service. They're also great people - having supplied them since we started Subli Supplies, I have always found them a nice company to do business with. You can order from them online from www.subli.co.uk, or speak to Steve on 01625 878949, or email info@subli.co.uk. By the way - a couple of things you may find particularly interesting, is that they can supply tea towels - they have their own blank dye sub tea towels manufactured so they have not been effected by the blank tea towel shortage. They also sell their own range of blank cushions - and they offer a wholesale drop-ship printing service, including canvas prints and photo wallpaper.

So what about us?

We are now focusing on three area's - Metals, training and mug boxes.

sublimetals.co.uk is our brand new sublimation metals website - from which we are offering a wide range of aluminium blanks, including custom cut metals.

We are offering dye sublimation training courses, via our new training website sublitraining.co.uk. We can offer half day and full day training courses, either from our premises or we'll come to you.

Meshtex are now the main distributor of our mug boxes, via subli.co.uk. We can supply you with mug boxes directly, but it makes sense for Meshtex to distribute the mug boxes, so that you can order your boxes along with your blank mugs and other blanks and consumables.

You can still get hold of myself and Mark at sublisupplies@uwclub.net, or 01964 534460 - and if you join our new mailing lists at sublimetals.co.uk and sublitraining.co.uk, we will be happy to keep you in the loop with what's happening.

We're very excited about the future, we feel that this move is the very best for all concerned including our clients, and we look forward to continue supplying you with metals and training, and I know Steve and the team at Meshtex are very keen to start offering you a great service.

Member Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmm interesting... good luck to them I say :0)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    good luck ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Very interesting. Drop shipping of canvases etc. would be a useful addition to my business for the time being.

Best of luck to them.
    Last edited by Justin; 24-06-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems odd to me.

Oh we have too much business, so we're letting someone else make all the profit instead and we're downsizing.

How does "not making as much money" equate into "very positive" news?

Getting rid of your loyal customer base and reducing what was a very successful online shop into selling just one product... This must be a new way of running a business that I wasn't previously aware of.

What next? BMS deciding that he's got too much work on and so will only sell mousemats in the future?

Who are Meshtex? According to their website, they've been around for 40 years - but this is the first I've heard of them. They've been around for 40 years with a logo is very reminiscent of the Superman diamond, and DC/Warner haven't been in touch with them? Does anyone believe that?

According to the WhoIs, the domain subli.co.uk was registered by Subli Nation. That sounds familiar for some reason...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meshtex were incorporated in 1972 as a textiles company

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    Seems odd to me.

Oh we have too much business, so we're letting someone else make all the profit instead and we're downsizing.

How does "not making as much money" equate into "very positive" news?

Getting rid of your loyal customer base and reducing what was a very successful online shop into selling just one product... This must be a new way of running a business that I wasn't previously aware of.

What next? BMS deciding that he's got too much work on and so will only sell mousemats in the future?

Who are Meshtex? According to their website, they've been around for 40 years - but this is the first I've heard of them. They've been around for 40 years with a logo is very reminiscent of the Superman diamond, and DC/Warner haven't been in touch with them? Does anyone believe that?

According to the WhoIs, the domain subli.co.uk was registered by Subli Nation. That sounds familiar for some reason...
    I'm inclined to agree. We first saw SubliNation's world domination strategy change to SubliSupplies, then Home2Gifts demise, now SubliSupplies going alone on metals and training and mug boxes (that's a strange combination of products) and this other company offering a small range of sublimation blanks. Personally I don't get it, but it would certainly give the owners of SubliSupplies more time to spend with their family (sounds like a politicians reason for stepping down). Good luck to them in what they intent to do, but I just sense there must be another reason in the background to essentially pass over your bread and butter business to another company.

As for us just selling mousemats... might add metals and mugs boxes to that line as there must be 'gold in them there hills!' selling those products... (oh, we already do!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Good luck to them in what they intent to do, but I just sense there must be another reason in the background to essentially pass over your bread and butter business to another company.
    Sounds like fairly normal business practice to me...

I've started several businesses in the past that are unrelated to my main 'trade or profession' - which is TV production... Some have been sold on in whole or in part. Others are now run by other people and I maintain a financial interest. And they've been pretty diverse in nature! Some I've taken an active part in the 'nuts and bolts' of; others I've merely helped project manage.

One of the first businesses I started back in the mid-80's was a motorcycle despatch company. That project was maybe three years hands-on. Ultimately I was happy to 'eat' for that time and walk away at the end with a shiny new motorcycle, my original investment back tenfold and some useful business experience...

That company was growing fast- But I never really wanted to be a despatch rider! And had I stayed with it much longer it would have become a vortext that pulled me away from what I really wanted to do...

On the other hand there have been a handful of occasions on which I've been made good offers on my video production and photography interests... But having spent years training to do do what I do I can't let it go so easily...

Unless yours is a 'lifestyle business' or it's your core trade (i.e. you're a plumber so you plumb!), 'moving on' isn't unusual... Every business has its 'life cycle'.

So, personally I can only wish them well... But it doesn't seem an at-all-unusual move to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to agree with JSR, I would thing there's little profit in mug boxes and even with metals, the margins must be quite tight. Good luck to them but it doesn't add up to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgibbs View Post
    Meshtex were incorporated in 1972 as a textiles company

Mark
    It's worth bearing in mind that their other website sells personalised products (mugs, etc). So, by buying your supplies from them means you'll be supporting your competition.