Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDP supplies
    By cardman in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 07:24 PM
  2. ETc Supplies
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 31-08-2011, 08:58 AM
  3. Subli soft & subli t t-shirts
    By swimwivsquid in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-01-2011, 06:59 AM
  4. Any news on Subli Supplies?
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 01:53 AM
  5. Subli supplies sale
    By Kaz in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Subli Supplies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had a go at being a supplier, didn't work out quite as hoped and moved on...... kind of. That's the short version or did I miss something as couldn't be bothered reading it all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to orfder some keyrings to chek them out. for 5 keyrings worth £1.75. £7.50 is much to much for postage :(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I'm sad to see that Nicci & Mark have let the business go to someone else as I have always seen them more as good friends of mine as opposed to just a supplier I use. Nicci & Mark told me a little while ago that this was going to happen & the reasons why & I think they have made a very brave & correct decision to do what they have done. I for one wish them all the luck they deserve as they are two really nice people who I always have the utmost admiration & respect for. In fact if I have ever needed any advice of help they have bent over backwards to help me & I will always be very grateful to them.

Both Nicci & Mark are the first to say that they have found things tough with the business & yes they wished they had some spare money they could invest in the business & also would have liked to employ some staff too. They do have a very young family & yes they do want to spend time with their children whilst they are still young & I think most of us would be just the same.

One of things that has been against them a little bit is being in the middle of a very small village on the East Coast. It's not the easiest of places to get couriers to come & pick up from you there & they even had the courier they were using go out of business which didn't help matters. Saying that I wish I lived where they are because it is just beautiful overlooking the North Sea on top of a cliff surrounded by wonderful countryside.

I have been to one of their training sessions & I can throughly recomend them to anyone who wants to learn all about dye sublimation printing. It really is well worth every penny & on top of this you get fed & watered whilst there & they do one hell of a bacon butty too. In fact at the end of the day you'll go away feeling very proud of what you have learnt & on top of that you'll have made two very good friends as well.

I just wish people would forget about any of the Subli-Nation connections as there isn't any at all. Yes, it's true they did pick up from Subli-Nation bit, that's about it but, I know Subli-Supplies always had the best service which Subli-Nation just didn't have. I think some of you are just going back over old ground which I wish you would stop & to be honest this hasn't helped Mark & Nicci at all over the last few years. Subli-Nation was dead & buried a long time ago now & isn't it about time we all moved on & just forget about it. We now have a new supplier which we all want so, let's give them a fair crack of the whip.

I for one will always have a lot of time for Mark & Nicci as they have always had time for me just when I needed their help. I wish them all the luck in the world & hope they have the success they really do deserve.

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ian,
    I've never dealt with Mark and Nicci, or even Subli Nation / supplies, but after reading your post I wish them both all the best for the future with their family.

I think what was misleading was the length of the letter/email at the start of this thread and the info it contained. Why didn't they just say they were no longer dealing in blanks but are instead going to concentrate on metals, boxes and training - I think this thread would have been a lot different if they had.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    Hi Ian,
    I've never dealt with Mark and Nicci, or even Subli Nation / supplies, but after reading your post I wish them both all the best for the future with their family.

I think what was misleading was the length of the letter/email at the start of this thread and the info it contained. Why didn't they just say they were no longer dealing in blanks but are instead going to concentrate on metals, boxes and training - I think this thread would have been a lot different if they had.
    Thanks John,

I think you have to know Nicci & Mark to realise that they are always very open & honest & I know their email was more from the heart to their customers. I think the thread would have been much better if people would just stop linking them with Subli-Nation all the time. The big difference is Nicci & Mark will still be around & Subli-Nation won't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
    We now have a new supplier which we all want so, let's give them a fair crack of the whip.
    I guess it depends whether you see them as a supplier, or as a competitor given that they sell the same printed/personalised products that many of us do.

Each time you buy supplies from them, you're paying to keep your competitor in business. Sounds like an oddball arrangement to me.

if people would just stop linking them with Subli-Nation all the time
    You can't stop people having long memories. The whole Subli-Nation debacle left a sour taste in many people's mouths - all because of a lack of clear and concise communication.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    I guess it depends whether you see them as a supplier, or as a competitor given that they sell the same printed/personalised products that many of us do.

Each time you buy supplies from them, you're paying to keep your competitor in business. Sounds like an oddball arrangement to me.
    Jonathan, stop being so damn cynical (tongue in cheek) mate.

Thinking about it you are correct in what you say but, isn't it the same as what Listawood already does?

I'm one of the lucky ones coming into this business just when Subli-Nation were coming to an end but, I do remember a few people saying 'don't go near there' & pieces of the jigsaw started to fit until I saw the bigger picture. In fact the 2 people I found out more from about Subli-Nation were Nicci & Mark. I must admit they were brave at the time to take over from Subli-Nation but, they did everything they could not to be like Subli-Nation. It is such a shame that they have had the ghost of Subli-Nation hanging over them for far too long in my book.

I appreciate people do have long memories & I'm guilty of that too. I was just trying to say that in Nicci & Mark I found 2 people who would always do their utmost to help me with anything. I lost count how many times they answered my emails outside business hours even on Sunday evenings. To sum up I found their customer service to be the best around & that alone does mean a lot to me. I'll always speak up for Nicci & Mark as this is something we would all do for good friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I entered the world of sublimation, I brought my start kit up from Nicci and Mark, I found them to be helpful and always ready to help. I wish them well and I sure that they will come back stronger and with more to offer as they get them sorted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
    Jonathan, stop being so damn cynical (tongue in cheek) mate.

Thinking about it you are correct in what you say but, isn't it the same as what Listawood already does?
    Not really. Listawood doesn't cater for small orders - their printed mugs have a minimum quantity of 36 (or 96 in some cases), and they sell items that we're unable to do - like flash drives etc.

I don't think anyone thought that SubliSupplies was SubliNation. The whole debacle came from SubliNation trying to set up a countrywide distribution network - some 20 odd outlets. It sounded good, but it turned out that (behind the scenes) they were on the verge of bankruptcy. They didn't mention it to anyone (not even those who put their name forward as potential distributors) and, when we found out for ourselves, SubliNation bluffed with "well, everyone knew anyway" when no one did.

SubliNation tried to continue trading under the same or similar name, but they weren't allowed to... But from the ashes came the similar sounding "SubliSupplies" which was fully endorsed by SubliNation (in the way that the unknown Meshtex is now being endorsed by SubliSupplies). An unknown business endorsed by the fading previous company is what muddied the waters. Also, SubliSupplies' website never changed - it forever looked identical to the SubliNation website. For the longest time there were words to the effect of them taking over from SubliNation and links directing people to the website run by the founder of SubliNation on the SubliSupplies' front page.

I don't think anyone believes that SubliSupplies has anything to do with SubliNation now, but those with long memories remember the "grey area". Whenever anyone asked where to buy supplies from (on the forum that was run by the founder of SubliNation), all roads led to SubliSupplies. It's a bit like how some people think that BMS is related to DSF because it's BMS everyone recommends and it's BMS that posts here the most out of all suppliers. There is no link, but you can see the grey area.

Yes it's wrong to keep linking the two. Perhaps SubliSupplies should have set themselves up independent of SubliNation but, had they done so, they wouldn't have had an instant customer base handed to them from SubliNation (in the way that Meshtex have now inherited that same customer base). The trouble with taking over someone else's customers is that those customers remember the trail from one diminishing business to the next. Yes, it's unfair, but people want to protect themselves and the only way to do that is with clear and effective communication. SubliNation didn't do that and the downsizing of SubliSupplies feels uncannily similar - even if it isn't. Those who don't know Nicci and Mark personally don't know any better.

Sorry for the long missive, but I'm just trying to say that no one has anything personal against Nicci and Mark. It's just the muddy waters and lack of clarity that resurrects ghosts of the past.