Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Another Heat Press ?
    By KathG in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2015, 08:17 PM
  2. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  3. Heat press
    By Craig in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
  4. 4 in 1 heat press
    By mrs maggot in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
  5. Heat changing mugs
    By danzab in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sun Fly 5 Mugs at once heat press

A few people have expressed an interest in the Sun Fly 5 Mugs at a Time heat press so I thought I would write a review.

I have run the Dom Global 5 mugs at once presses for some time and to be honest can not fault them. Great, simple and easy to use, I have in the past run these for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with maybe a handful of failures. I have been looking for a back-up machine for some time and looking at the Sunfly model I took the plunge.

Cost for this item was £377.00 including UPS air freight from China plus a further £49.00 payable to UPS on delivery. Presumably for Customs. You can save half the money by electing for shipping but that takes 35 days and I am really impatient!!!!

Opening the box I immediately threw away the instructions (they are about as much use as a nun in a brewery) and started to test. First results were very encouraging and I was beginning to think that this was a little gem of a machine. However this soon changed once I digged further and started to achieve perfect results. There are a couple of really annoying things about this machine but the most frustrating thing about the mug press is that you can not change the temperature and there is no way of finding out what it is. I have yet to buy a thermometer to test the actual heat pad, but even so, for the sake of a couple of pounds for a better switch unit I would have thought this would be a no brainer. Even just a small temperature guage would help.

The next thing that bothers me is the inconsistency.

I have run the following tests with the results to be found in the images

1 Mug straight from box, 400 seconds, hot heat press
    2 Mug straight from box, 180 seconds, hot heat press
    3 Mug straight from box, 240 seconds, hot heat press
    4 Mug straight from box, 350 seconds, hot heat press
    5 Mug straight from box, 300 seconds, hot heat press
    6 Mug straight from box, 325 seconds, hot heat press

7 Mug Heated in Hot Water, 350 seconds, hot heat press
    8 Mug heated in Hot Water, 300 seconds, hot heat press
    9 Mug straight from box, 120 seconds, turn over 120 seconds, hot heat press
    10 Mug Heated in Hot Water, 240 seconds, hot heat press
    11 Mug Heated in Hot Water, 300 seconds, hot heat press

Hot Heat press means that the press has run through 5 cycles to get the pads upto heat.

1-6.jpg
    7-11.jpg

As you can see from the images the only consistency is the inconsistency and just when you think you are getting close, it throws a curve ball which lands you back at square 1.

The mugs I am using are not the best, but have also done a couple of tests using BMS European Coated with pretty much the same result. All files were printed using a Ricoh 7000 and with the correct profile.

Pressure was adjusted to what I have used on other machines and all looks fine which leads me to think that the heat pads are not the best on the market.

One tiny good point is that you can run 1,2,3,4, or 5 presses just by simply turning each press on and off as and when you require. However in summary,
    really bad instructions and a few cost cutting measures means this is a very dissapointing press.

Having said that, I am going to persevere with it. I may change the heat pads to better ones, and perhaps speak to an electrician wizard about getting some sort of temp gauge and/or adjustment switch. If I factor in those costs it would still be cheaper than other UK based 5 in ones and then could be a brilliant piece of kit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    great review!
    Is goot to know what to buy or what not to buy!

thanks for that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you've done this review. Coralgraph are stocking the 5 head machine and I believe it now has temp. control, cost approx. £300. Hopefully Henry can discuss further here and I think details may soon be in the Coralgraph suppliers section.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting review .May i ask how may solid relay system are in this mug press ?

solid-state-relay-ssr-40da-850.jpg

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Coralgraph

When I get chance I will open it up and have a butchers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on this?

Which is the best multi-mug heat press?

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Novachrome used to do a very good dual head but expensive. HeatpressUK (Domglobal) seem to be having the best reviews currently. My own experience is that they do give good, consistant results. They have changed elements a couple of times and the last lot had a different resistance so making the elements not exactly compatible with the older batch. Replacement elements are my only gripe I guess. They need a bit of upkeep as they are fairly lightweight but that is standard practice.

The only other multipress I have tried was the CG 5 head. Not great and struggles on hard prints with full coverage.. Nearly there but not quite. Adjustment to get even pressure is the downfall which is down to the way the elements are held in place. They have a slight taper when shutting onto a mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi have the novachrome dual head in all its craking macine really odd thing is though it does full coverage really well but it doesnt like money boxes, however a cheap single header from bms works great on money boxes but not so well on full coverage ???? go figure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We used to use the Novachrome twin head press and had ongoing issues, particularly with full wrap prints. I'd like the Adkins twin head press as my single head is superb. DF press from BMS has stood the test of time but no longer sold otherwise I'd suggest several of those!

I'm speaking to a couple of other Suppliers for multiple head presses and hope to have some more info. soon. Don't expect these to be cheap, multiple presses will be quite a bit cheaper :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a reply I typed and stupidly didn't copy, pressed 'Post Quick Reply' and lost it!! There have been many like this and more often than not, especially if it's a long reply, I don't bother re-typing.

Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.