Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimating Tees and Polo shirts
    By twinsgran in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:22 AM
  2. England tees and football shirts
    By socialgiraffe in forum Clothing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-05-2014, 09:38 AM
  3. Football T-shirts and merchandise
    By oddsfellow in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-10-2013, 07:40 AM
  4. sublimating on t shirts
    By Craig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM
  5. Sublimating T shirts special paper?
    By David B in forum Clothing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 09:27 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublimating Football Shirts ......?

Hi all,

I'm suprised that I couldn't find anything about this (or is it me?).

Anyway - I've subbed a few cool tex tops with amazing results as these are 100% polyester and someone (family member) asked me earlier if I could put a football number and names on the back of a football top.

Well, these are 100% polyester (most of them are) so surely they would sublimate also and byt doing these you could add a splash of colour.

Has anyone sublimated football tops?

Adam
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam,
    Yes, I did the back of my Newcastle top - i'd just bought it and was quite new to sub printing, lets say my heart was in my mouth. I cannot remember the temp but I gave it 50 seconds and it came out quite well but I think I should have left it in longer as the blacks and light blues where a little light. Maybe try the same time as for hi viz vests.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John - I'm quite suprised that no one else has mentioned this as you could 'theme' the back of the shirt to match the colours of the shirt.

As an example - yours could have had red/white numbers to match the colours (oops sorry, that's the mackems!) lol
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red and bloody white

The results were good and i'm well pleased with it - I think the new NUFC strips are black on the back so that would rule out printing one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    Red and bloody white

The results were good and i'm well pleased with it - I think the new NUFC strips are black on the back so that would rule out printing one.
    On a similar note does anybody know what happens if the shirt is 85% polyester and 15% elastane ?

I've been asked to put a logo on some next week, it's 2 colour so my first thought was sublimation as the way the logo is vinyl would be a lot of faffing about.

Not much time to experiment, the shirts will arrive on Monday and have to be ready for a 3pm kick off at a football league game the following Saturday, no pressure there then :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should be fine Dave. Printed quite a few cycle tops and the like with no problem. Just done a compression/skin top as well which I think was 10% elastane which printed well. 190 for 50secs did the job.

If they are standard football tops then I wouldn't have thought they have such a high elastane volume. Printed lighter coloured football tops many a time with great results..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    If they are standard football tops then I wouldn't have thought they have such a high elastane volume. Printed lighter coloured football tops many a time with great results..
    They have been made specially for the players themselves, hence the high elastane volume. Feel terrible to me but you know what these prima donnas are like :)