Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: can't do it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry can't do it

I have struggled with the template for BMS shields mahogany edge I have tried the one that here,120mm across the width and 145mm from the top to the point of the shield. They are approx 15mm thick.. I can't get it right. I work it in photo shop and need the pattern to go under, as in a layer. I would like to be able to lay the shield on top and see the out- line just out side the shield so I can get the flipping thing straight and in the middle, I am failing miserable It needs to be a idiot guide. yes I know the one to download is easy but I just don't get it. Its got now it's like a mental block and I can't get out of it. Please help me ( how pathetic does that sound )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    can you post Iam not sure i got you right... do you want to simply put patern in the template so you can still see it as a shield??
    like this??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I need to place the image under the template so all you see is the shield (as your image ) then place another image on top, but the template is too small ( or I'm not doing it right ) the few I've tried and wasted also that I have problems is lineing up so the image is central and straight. Hope that makes sense

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The template is the same size as the printable area. Why not lay it on top of the shield - you should be able to line this up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    just paste your patern in to the shield template and drag layer with the patern down. like on video i will show you any min... ;)

Last edited by Paul; 28-07-2011 at 10:13 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin I've tried and tried, as I've said I'm not getting it,it is slighter small than the shield, this is frustrating for me because generally I am quite good at templates and placing on whatever, this seems to be my Nemesis, so I hoping that Paul will send me his template ( pretty please )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The template should be the size of the printable area as it was scanned and then increased by something like 102 or 103% to allow a bleed around the edge. The White printable area is smaller than the plaque due to the edge around it, but why can't you print and then position the paper on the plaque, tape to hold in place and then print? Are you trying to lay the plaque onto the printed image so you can't see it? Why not put some registration lines on the paper, say horizontal lines outside the template so you get it straight?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jennywren - you haven't got "fit to page" ticked on your printer preferences by any chance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried again but this time I put on my listening ears and eyes and paid attention to what I was being told, and it worked, I think the problem was I got it in to my head after it went wrong a few times that I couldn't do it, and got into that mind set wouldn't shift. For my punishment I shall write 100 times, Listen to what being said,don't be childish and throw your toys out of the pram when I don't get it right, stop blaming the instructions and equipment. Think I've covered everything. Oh yes sorry for being a pain in the butt with this one. Thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please can I copy and paste this, sure to need it some time soon! Glad you got it sorted.