Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Heat press
    By bespokevans in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-07-2015, 05:49 PM
  2. Heat Press £300 - £350
    By wessy83 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 03:58 PM
  3. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  4. Heat press
    By Craig in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
  5. Want a heat press!!!
    By justme in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

Hi Guys,

Ive seen an all in one press which does mugs, t-shirts and the rest, going for a good price. Should I go for it?

Its CE approved and brand new.

Cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

I've heard mixed reviews on these 5 in 1 presses. Personally I'm not keen but some folk swear by them. I know some of our members have them so they're in a better position to comment on them.

Justin :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

I thought as much,

I too feel it would be better to have each thing individually. Its on at £175.00 all in and I am tempted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

I can see that it would be tempting at that price. I do prefer seperate machines, if your mug press fails you can still do everything else and so on.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

I bought one of these just before Christmas - build quality is good and thus far, it's worked faultlessly.

I'm unsure if the CE marking is genuine however! My gut feeling is it's not as obtaining CE certification is very costly.

Check HERE

Go for it.

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up
    I bought one of these just before Christmas - build quality is good and thus far, it's worked faultlessly.

I'm unsure if the CE marking is genuine however! My gut feeling is it's not as obtaining CE certification is very costly.

Check HERE

Go for it.

John
    What makes you think CE certification is very costly? Back at the factory I used to work at, CE was self-declared. You identified the directives that apply to your product and, if you comply, you issue a "Declaration of Conformity". It only became costly if you lied and someone challenged you and you couldn't prove your declaration.

I did read an amusing article which claimed that some companies put a slightly modified "CE" mark on their product which they state stands for "China Export" rather than the real "CE". You may wish to check on that (there is no legal marking for "China Export" with this near-CE symbol).

Incidentally, if you have any concern whether the press is really CE then you can ask for a copy of their Declaration of Conformity. This is a legal document and if you later find out the product doesn't conform then whoever signed the declaration could literally be locked up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

cheers, thanks for your responses guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

I thought CE 'self' Certification was only for the product produced in the EU - perhaps I'm wrong.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up
    I thought CE 'self' Certification was only for the product produced in the EU - perhaps I'm wrong.
    Perhaps you're right. It seems a bit bizarre to charge and regulate products from outside the EU and then allow self-declaration within the EU. What makes EU manufacturers any more trustworthy than non-EU manufacturers? Being unfair towards non-EU manufacturers would simply encourage fake marks anyway. They may as well just have an agent in the EU who signs the declaration for them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHICH HEAT PRESS

There are so many bizarre rules and regulations.

Somewhile ago I used to supply PCs to small businesses. I used to build the PCs myself. I'd been doing this for years then one customer refused to pay for a network I installed.

To cut a long story short, I received a list of reasons for his refusal to pay from his solicitor, one item on the list was that the PCs I'd supplied didn't have the CE mark! It was then I contacted the relevant department and I'm quite sure they informed me I could download the 'mark' and print out myself providing the product was assembled in the EU. All parts were made in China :) - What isn't these days?

Incidentally, I won in court :)

John