Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. B grade cameo @ £200
    By malfunction in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 03:12 PM
  2. Carrying sub stock
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 08:55 AM
  3. Heat press damaged
    By twinsgran in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-11-2012, 06:26 PM
  4. Stock Take :)
    By Stitch Up in forum Clothing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-05-2011, 05:31 PM
  5. Damaged Blanks
    By bms in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd walk over broken glass to get 50p in!....................well, maybe broken chocolate :|

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    believe me 50p is a bargain , not only do you sell them you also make money because it's a hook (not sure who said that, but good word) One of my staff always says to me, won't sell, if you can't see it. Reduce it, as it taken valuable selling space. If it doesn't sell after reducing bin it, and that's what we do. So stuff that's not out on display isn't earning. She ruthless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jennywren View Post
    hook (not sure who said that, but good word)
    ....ahem........

Quote Originally Posted by jennywren View Post
    One of my staff
    ...you have a positive empire!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart for the shop we have a small unit in a market, when I moved into the shop I kept it on, It has one full time member of staff and my youngest daughter works there at the weekend. She been with us for a few years and has been a very very loyal member of staff, even in the bad times when we struggled and worked for us with no wage till we got going again. I kept the unit going for here as at one time she was the only member of her family that worked. Loyalty is everything to me. These last few months the unit has being doing really well, and she can do what she needs to do keep it going, She knows what we need to turn over to make a profit or break even. She even reduces things to a lower selling price than what I sell at when it needs to tempt customers, gives discount if needed, she tells what to buy and what to do, I never have to think about that unit expect doing the books, I say staff but she treats it like it was hers. She kicked my arse a few times when I get fed up off working long hard bloody hours and gave me my get up go when it's gone. Working for your self is hard work with few rewards god know why we do it, I always think people with a regular wage don't know how lucky they are

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds great, and yes a regular wage is vital, but I bet it doesnt best that feeling of earning your own from scratch :-)

sounds like youve got a great little empire, I wish you well for the future!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that is is a very small empire and I do love it, but I hope I didn't come across as boasting, it does what it does for my financials needs and it is a tiny speck of a business to some that have on here, it's not going to get any bigger I have no wish to expand, only that it earns me a living till I retire in 5 years. None of the children are interested in business so we finished that's it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but you know, sometimes its not all about the end result, its about the ride too ;-) If you're enjoying the ride - then keep going :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=TPM;29363]but you know, sometimes its not all about the end result, its about the ride too ;-) Those are the truest words I've heard for me it not about the end result but I do enjoyed the ride 100%.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope I didn't come across as boasting
    Not at all - you're running a business and tell it how it is. I'd love to employ someone but cannot justify it due to lack of workload. My two daughters help out where they can but just for pocket money at the moment, not a wage.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's lovely to read a story like that!! I can totally agree with the comment about earning your own money, it's a amazing feeling when you see the fruits of your labour!! I enjoy being self employed!!!