Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug press blanket sizes
    By barryslip in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 11:15 PM
  2. heat blanket
    By seppo in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 11:53 AM
  3. New press blanket
    By mrs maggot in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-07-2013, 01:28 PM
  4. new 6oz blanket
    By bigj2552 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 26-06-2012, 06:26 PM
  5. New mug blanket - not printing
    By TailoreChocs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Thread: mug blanket

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

Hi
    the mug blanket (wrap) on my mug press caught fire i think due to wear anyway i tried a mug wrap from another press i had knocking around and it went bang. are differnt mug wraps wired differntly or do you think the mug press itself has gone? ive bought a new double headed one now but this ones been a good press id like to keep it as a spare any ideas anyone?
    Brett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

mug blanket

give martin a shout! he has some spare wraps for mug press. he may have diferent sizes too but i am not sure. u have to ask him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

Hi paul
    i need to know if differnt blankets are wired to suit a particular model of press i dont want to buy a new blanket just to hear it go bang again lol anyway id have to shout loud martins in florida at the moment lucky git
    Brett

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon
    martins in florida at the moment lucky git
    Blimey, how much profit does he make from us? I'm lucky if I can afford a week away - and that's when I'm staying with relatives! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the subject of heat blankets, I think they are different. I needed a replacement for my cheap press from BMS and, although Martin had stock of the "superior one", he didn't offer it and I had to wait several weeks for a suitable one. I take from this that they are different, otherwise he would surely have offered the superior one - because it would have been more expensive (and might have meant an extra day in Florida..! :twisted: :lol: :lol:).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

Hi JSR
    thats encouraging any idea how i would tell which would suit which machine, the press hasnt got a name (well none thats repeatable here)
    brett

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon
    Hi JSR
    thats encouraging any idea how i would tell which would suit which machine, the press hasnt got a name (well none thats repeatable here)
    brett
    Can't help you there, I'm afraid. I bought mine from BMS so I went back to BMS for a new blanket. Unfortunately, the new blanket wasn't actually as good as the old one. But I guess that goes with buying cheap.

It has taught me that when I replace my heat press in the future, to only go for one for which there are replacement blankets and to get one in pretty quick.

It's possible that all low-end (cheap) presses use the same blanket (to keep it cheap) but the only way to be certain would be to send a photo of your press to a supplier (like Martin when he comes back from sunning himself!) and ask for their advice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

in that lies the problem mate
    i bought the press second hand so im not sure if its a cheap press or not. it has chinese writing on it so it could be an import but its a bloody good press. the new blanket i tried in it which blew up straight away was from a cheap 5 in 1 job. Im not sure if a picutre would help as ive seen loads of press's with differnt names but look exactly the same so it looks like the bodies of these things are universal i assume its gonna come down to the electrics inside. but i'll try asking martin if he can get back through the snow.
    thanks
    brett

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

and what is a cheap press?

I've seen a particular press advertised for circa £800 and the very same press can be imported for £225 inc. costs!

Why is it that Chinese products are generally considered to be inferior? Inferior to what - most stuff is made in China these days. The UK has very little manufacturing capacity these days as successive Governments have destroyed it prefering to chase the greed of banking, investment and financial services and MPs expenses.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mug blanket

Your absolutely right there must be a Chinese version of rolls royce and a Chinese version of amstrad the problem is identifying them, and then to confuse things more the rubbish ones look exactly the same as the the good ones. its a blummin mine field