Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first mug

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with black coming out brown, i lessened the time to 180 from the 220 i was told and black is now as it should be :) Is your paper turning yellowy, i understand that is another sign of overcooking :). I don't dip my mugs after printing them, i have a wire rack under the heat press table with a regular desk fan aimed down on the mugs. They cool pretty quickly and i've not got bowls of water around or wet mugs to dry off before packaging. Could do with a bigger workspace though as my feet get cold as well :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schizowife View Post
    I had the same issue with black coming out brown, i lessened the time to 180 from the 220 i was told and black is now as it should be :) Is your paper turning yellowy, i understand that is another sign of overcooking :). I don't dip my mugs after printing them, i have a wire rack under the heat press table with a regular desk fan aimed down on the mugs. They cool pretty quickly and i've not got bowls of water around or wet mugs to dry off before packaging. Could do with a bigger workspace though as my feet get cold as well :)
    My DD demanded a disney princess mug tonight and thanks to giving in to her petulant wailing - I ran it under the tap from press - and later when washed, had my first mug crack. Looked grand but next exposure to hot tap water and draining it cracked.
    That said - I bought some pig mugs in newbridge, they all broke within 3 weeks .... and not from being abused.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEVER run it under the tap lol
    dunking is just that tepid water not cold and dunk the mug
    cold water from the tap is too much of a temp change for it
    poor kid you cruel woman you lol :) hope that isn't the one with the 2 halfs of a collar bone????????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v