Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. My First Customer - Happy.
    By NikGrey in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-11-2013, 11:36 AM
  2. Any one got a customer for these yet?
    By Dave271069 in forum Clothing
    Last Post: 22-05-2013, 10:23 AM
  3. Customer service
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Last Post: 29-09-2012, 07:49 PM
  4. The customer is always right ............. or are they?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 02:09 PM
  5. A customer made my day!
    By AdamB in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Complaint

In June of this year we printed 275 t shirts to launch at a show. Printed with Grafityp 3D XP D Vinyl. We were very happy to sell out of all sizes except a few remaining of one size.

They have also remained our best seller throughout the season.

This morning we received a call from a lady on behalf of her son who had purchased one at this show in early June, He is disappointed that the vinyl is coming off his shirt.

Is it reasonable to take something back after five months?

(We always do several wash and tumble tests by the way of any new types of vinyl)

With exception of a customer ironing her babys t and removing the vinyl (when it clearly states on the label "do not iron on decorated area" this is the only t shirt we have received a complaint on.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personaly as it is only one shirt I would replace it as having a website you want to avoid any bad remarks on the web, or at least other a new one at half price plus postage so that you cover your material costs.
    If I was supply a free replacement I would also want the customer to mail the old shirt back so that it could be inspected and for the person to pay the postage costs.

Jack.
    If at first you don't succeed, read the manual.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree with Jack. It won't cost you much to get the old shirt back and send a replacement, but it could cost your reputation a lot if you don't. Getting the old shirt back for inspection is good, and it'll also mean that you can use that shirt again on a future order if the vinyl has come completely off - thus saving you money on the replacement.

I would stress to the customer that the replacement shirt is exactly the same and you can't replace it indefinitely. That might make her take better care of the next one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our customer is going to bring it into our shop, I see what you mean but... as it "is" only "one" I can't help but think it has been ironed or washed it incorrectly. We have had such good feedback from other customers who purchased the same item.

Now, had we had several returns or even a few then I would definately be thinking this stuff is no good and that they need their money back or replacements

Hmmm I just would never return a garment to a shop after all these months.

I'm off now but am very interested in your comments so I will catch up tomorrow, Mandy
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a simular problem not long ago, customer brought the t-shirt back and straight away i noticed a triangle shape burn on the vinyl, i said have you ironed the t-shirt this way round, he replied yes, so i showed him the label and the advice card we give with every order, and let's just he left a bit red faced, i still replaced the t-shirt though as i felt sorry for him haha
    Matthew
    Someone knocked over my recycle bin... there are icons all over my desktop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone remember the post I made a few months ago regarding an unhappy customer in our shop? Like everyone says, reputations are so hard to build up but so easy to break.

see link here for the post I made: http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...highlight=lady
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had one that was over a year old, and it was the metallic vinyl, which are really not designed to be "my fave t which i wear all the time" as she told us, i told her to bring it to an event she was attending that we were at, took it (it was VERY well worn) and made her a new one. she asked what i was going to do with the old one, and i said i was going to return it to the vinyl manufacturer, oh she said i thought you might try to resell it !!!!
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    oh she said i thought you might try to resell it !!!!
    LMAO!!!
    I would ask her if she want to buy it back for 50% off :) lol ao I would add my knickers as a freebe!

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh customer aint they just lil darlins !!!! after 5 months chances are they havnt washed , ironed etc as they should but gotta agree with everyone else its probably better to just change it it may cost the price of a shirt but might save you the cost a bad name

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear your comments and after thinking last night I will be replacing the shirt for her.

Talking of strange customer complaints, a couple of years ago on Christmas eve I had a customer in the photo shop who brought back a handful of photos and said he had over 200 printed and he didn't like them and wanted his money back. When asked where the remaining pictures were he said they were in an album, I had then said that if he brought them back we would look at them and if I felt they could have been inproved we would reprint them for him. He then told me he had given them to his in laws as a present!!!
    What the heck!!!!!!!! He stood in my shop and ranted and raved waiting for people to come in and relay the story, he really did make himself look a fool.

I have often bought steak from Waitrose and been very disappointed with it but I wouldnt go back the next day with only a bit of fat and say I want my money back, or is that what people do?
    Mandy