Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Conde Webinar-November 2013 - Sublimating & Marketing Device Covers
    By GoldRapt in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 10:57 AM
  2. Local online marketing campaign ideas
    By logobear in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 05:44 AM
  3. marketing iphone cases
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM
  4. How can we use 'these' (see post) for marketing?
    By Stitch Up in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-02-2011, 12:57 AM
  5. Is the marketing Section working?
    By Stitch Up in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom mug marketing images

Hi all,

Just throwing something out here to guage interest.

I've been following a recent thread related to photographing mugs

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...ographing-mugs

I know how difficult it is to get the perfect photograph of a mug that does your product service and the work involved.

I can offer a service of supplying high quality photographic 3D model 'renders' of mugs for use in marketing/websites/leaflets etc using your OWN artwork on the mug.

Would this service be of interest to anyone here? like I say, I'm just throwing this out there to guage interest or if it's a waste of time.

Below is an example of one of my own designs applied to the 3D model to show what I mean.

mugrender_clown.jpg

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers
    Al

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al,

questions that I'm sure others will ask are:

a. Can you offer 3 angles of the design (front, centre and rear of the mug) to see the design in all areas of the mug.

b. The price!

Looks good though :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Does look good :-) Is that photo a graphic mug representation or a polymer mug?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea but it would depend on how the finished item looked, as Adam said - views, contours etc. I tried doing an upload your custom vinyl onto a car website with my brother (he writes code for a living) and the results were spectacularly unappealing - even with the uploaded image recognising contours on the template.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Al,

questions that I'm sure others will ask are:

a. Can you offer 3 angles of the design (front, centre and rear of the mug) to see the design in all areas of the mug.

b. The price!

Looks good though :-)
    Hi Adam,

Yep, as it's a 3D model I can render it from any angle whatsoever, I'll post a sample 3 mug image shortly to give you an idea what it would look like.

Unsure of cost yet, just gauging interest, just a few quid I imagine, as I've already modelled the mug, applying other artwork and re-rendering is easy, not looking to make a living out of it :)

cheers
    al

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Does look good :-) Is that photo a graphic mug representation or a polymer mug?
    Hey Justin,

I based that model on a regular ceramic 'wycombe' mug, a fairly generic mug.

Al

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahjayne View Post
    I love the idea but it would depend on how the finished item looked, as Adam said - views, contours etc. I tried doing an upload your custom vinyl onto a car website with my brother (he writes code for a living) and the results were spectacularly unappealing - even with the uploaded image recognising contours on the template.
    Hi Sarahjayne,

I haven't used any car vinyl sites myself so I'm unsure of the quality of their output, the sample image I posted is a 'final' quality image just using my own artwork on the model. I'll post up more renders with other artwork applied to the same mug model shortly.

Al

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As requested by Adam, a 3D render of the mug from 3 angles to show off a full wrap design.

Cheers
    Al

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al,

this does certainly looks the business and I for one will be interested if the price is right. I already do something similar but not as clear, I would call this the premier version of what I do with my current ones being basic (but acceptable).

My main question though is, and please Al do not take offence to this - I am just throwing the question out to you as I am sure others have the thought.

I have created quite a few unique mug templates in photoshop that I am extremely proud of and these sell as they are unique to me. If I want to get this image onto a mug graphic as shown above I will need to pass over the graphics to you in high quality ...................... what guarantees have I got that these won't be passed onto a third party or even used by yourself?

And again (I repeat), Al - I do not distrust you or imagine you would do something like this but I am in a business so I need to protect my assets.
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Al,

this does certainly looks the business and I for one will be interested if the price is right. I already do something similar but not as clear, I would call this the premier version of what I do with my current ones being basic (but acceptable).

My main question though is, and please Al do not take offence to this - I am just throwing the question out to you as I am sure others have the thought.

I have created quite a few unique mug templates in photoshop that I am extremely proud of and these sell as they are unique to me. If I want to get this image onto a mug graphic as shown above I will need to pass over the graphics to you in high quality ...................... what guarantees have I got that these won't be passed onto a third party or even used by yourself?

And again (I repeat), Al - I do not distrust you or imagine you would do something like this but I am in a business so I need to protect my assets.

Absolutely no offence taken Adam, completely understandable concern and will probably hinder the uptake of the service.

I understand it's incredibly difficult to be taken on trust, I can only absolutely guarantee any images images supplied will be used only to produce the render and nothing else and certainly not passing onto any third party. I'm a one man band business/graphic designer myself and completely understand the need for asset protection. I realise I'm not a large recognised/known company like cafepress or zazzle who also produce items requiring the upload of hi-res images and that it is very much a trust thing.

Depending on the resolution of the final image required I won't even need a full hi-res image, and I certainly don't need actual layered photoshop files, flattened images only. for example the burns design I posted would only require a design approx 250 pixels high which is approximately a third to a quarter the size of the full resolution image (my own full resolution designs are 2480x976 pixels) basically you would only need to send your design in the resolution you required the final render to be.

You could also mark your design in some way before sending too (watermarks, url's etc), obviously any visible mark will also appear in the mug render but may help provide peace of mind. Maybe other members of the forum have other ideas that would give user's of the service peace of mind. Maybe something along the lines of an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) would suffice.

Hope this helps in some way Adam.

Kindest regards
    Al

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingAl For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (11-01-2017)