Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sefa Heat Presses
    By Justin in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-04-2015, 10:27 AM
  2. Where to start with heat presses?
    By Dagema in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-09-2013, 12:11 PM
  3. Heat Presses from ETC Supplies
    By Steamy in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 06:45 PM
  4. Friends and Heat presses do not mix
    By bassqee in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27-05-2012, 01:02 AM
  5. NEW HEAT PRESSES
    By steve dee in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-04-2010, 07:29 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Advice on new heat presses

I'm thinking about a new press. I specifically need one that will allow tee's to be wrapped over the lower platen. I know most allow this but mine, undortunatly, doesn't!

Need something very good quality, Adkins or Hotronix would be great but consider any others, 16"x20".

Anyone know of anything for sale, likely to be coming up soon?

Any other suggestions on models?

Cheers,
    Justin :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check some models have changeable base platens, so you start with a 16"x20" base but can change this for smaller ones to allow the wrapping you refer to. Agree the Atkins are probably the gold standard but there are other, cheaper alternatives that do a good job and are reliable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Cheers Martin. Always used the Adkins before but recent models seem to be different build quality and I've heard differing opinions. Really like the look of Hotronix but pricey.

Yes, interchangeable platens would be ideal again. There seem to be som many presses around, surely some others must be of a decent enough standard!?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

OK, I may have an Adkins lined up, fingers crossed!

I'll be selling my press that I imported (see other thread) It's had very little use and is an 'auto open' magnetic release. If anyone's interested please send me a PM, I won't put in the for sale section until my new one is definite.
    I'm only selling it because it's tricky to wrap subli shirts around the lower platen and a customer wants me to start doing them (much to my disgust) Otherwise it's been a great press and is 'as new'.

Also, someone has asked me to sell their combi press on for them. Unused and still boxed I believe. It was bought on eBay last year. Waiting for pics and model details but again, any interest please PM. They were going to start doing suibli but decided to get me to do it for them :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Couple of Adkins on offer, I know they're great presses but space is at a bit of a premium!

Been eyeing up the Hotronix Maxx presses, I'm pretty sure build quality woul;d be high. These are obv. clamshell so space not such a big issue. They'[ve come on a lot since I got my first clam, the even pressure problem seems to have been sorted.

Debating the size issue again. I always try to get 16x20 but rarely find the need for it. My current press is 16x12 and it does everything I need, larger placemats/sun shades etc. but struggles with tee's.

What are everyone's thoughts....does size matter?! Keep it clean peeps!