Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson B1100 ink problems, particularly Black!!
    By bazwalt in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-11-2012, 10:02 AM
  2. Epson B1100 printer problems
    By JOSI74 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2011, 10:23 AM
  3. Epson b1100 ink problems please help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 02:21 PM
  4. Epson b1100 printer problems - please help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
  5. Epson B1100 Problems
    By bazwalt in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using inks from this company for a while now and have found the support very good. On their website they have this tip which might be worth a try before slinging the printer........

http://www.cobraink.com/supportphotos/support.htm

Soaking a Print Head

I have had good luck clearing a dried up print head by soaking the print head in hot water. We have a chemicals available called clog busters that is also very effective. Hot water works good. To do this turn on the printer and just as the print head starts to moving to the left unplug the power cord. This will unlock the head so you can move it right and left. After moving the print head away from the park position (full right) look under where the print head was parked and you will see a small silver grate covering a cores piece of foam this is the ink pump head. Using a syringe and needle (or eye dropper or even a straw with your finger sealing one end will work) fill the sponge with hot water (the hotter the better use this to fill the pump head until it domes up from surface tension and then slide the print head slowly back to the parked location. This will place the print head directly in the pool of water after 30 or 45 min. repeat one more time and then let it set over night. The next day run a head cleaning and a nozzle check if still plugged repeat this entire process. I normally use a Styrofoam cup and the microwave to make a small amount of hot water.
    If when you do a nozzle check the paten changes and areas that were there now are not and other are that were not before the head is not plugged you are losing ink supply for some reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    dye sub ink is not for A3 jet pro sofstretch iam affraid any way...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    dye sub ink is not for A3 jet pro sofstretch iam affraid any way...
    I didnt use dye sub ink for JPSS paper, i used funky leopard hd sublimation paper. It wasnt the paper thats been a problem, its the printer lol. I decided to switch from dye sub to inkjet transfers, thats why i bought the jpss

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    got you!
    sorry about your printer... I wouldn't chuck it away just yet tho...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imme View Post
    Sorry to hear that Justin. Usually a good soak (overnight if needed) cleans my printers out. Don't know if it will help but there's a You Tube video on deep cleaning a stubborn 1400. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eUysQFDH6u0. Never quite get over the amount of ink they find in there
    Cheers
    Great video, may as well have another shot at it! Just remembered....I have no ink and no refil carts to work with, oh well, better wait until another day!
    Last edited by Justin; 30-12-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!