Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 05:55 PM
  2. Tablets - The computer kind
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19-07-2012, 05:08 PM
  3. computer displays ink low
    By SteveUK in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-11-2010, 03:40 PM
  4. Computer Fried
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-11-2010, 11:23 PM
  5. No Special Computer
    By Stitch Up in forum Hardware
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Computer.........what do you all think.

My computer seems to be on its last legs I'm sorry to say & have been searching around for a new one. As with most of us at present I'm on a tight budget but, need something that is fairly powerful to use for everything I do. I've seen this one which seems to be very good for the money & was wondering what you all thought of it.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent...90971-pdt.html

I do like the Advent computers I have to admit & my very first one was an Advent as is also the one I have now which, has been very good over the last 5 years. Many thanks in advance for all your comments & help.

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you looked on ebuyer ?? they normally have some bargains, and at this time of the year i would wait a while and see if there is anything thrown up in the sales
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i think for its price look ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine packed up earlier this year and as money was tight I bought a bare bones bundle and put my drives in it for less than 150 its the second one I've had the last one lasted over 6years most of the time in a blasting workshop. http://www.novatech.co.uk/barebonebundles/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty good for the price , fast processer a terabyte of storage 4 gig ram cant fault it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you had a look in their refurbished section: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/refurb...-criteria.html
    I bought mine from them five years ago at under half price after adding a new montor of my choice, (£700 instead of £1500) and it is still a very powerful machine.
    ( they do carry the mormal 12 months warranty)

Jack.
    If at first you don't succeed, read the manual.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm an AMD fan but if I was looking at Intel again I'd want to get a better CPU I think. That said, for the money it looks fine. Not keen on badged PC's as you get so much more for your money if you build yourself. I see the cost of hard drives rocketed recently so if you start to break it down you're certainly getting your moneys worth :-)

Only seems to have VGA output?

As already mentioned, eBuyer well worth checking out, I was looking there recently and they had some good entry level stuff.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Mine packed up earlier this year and as money was tight I bought a bare bones bundle and put my drives in it for less than 150 its the second one I've had the last one lasted over 6years most of the time in a blasting workshop. http://www.novatech.co.uk/barebonebundles/
    Reg, I have looked at a barebones one & it started at £200 but as we started to add bits on it was soon upto £350 & then was near the power of the Advent one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    pretty good for the price , fast processer a terabyte of storage 4 gig ram cant fault it
    Just what I was thinking Brett & on top of that you can add more RAM if you want or need too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm an AMD fan but if I was looking at Intel again I'd want to get a better CPU I think. That said, for the money it looks fine. Not keen on badged PC's as you get so much more for your money if you build yourself. I see the cost of hard drives rocketed recently so if you start to break it down you're certainly getting your moneys worth :-)

Only seems to have VGA output?

As already mentioned, eBuyer well worth checking out, I was looking there recently and they had some good entry level stuff.
    Must admit Justin that I'm just a little lost these days when it comes to CPU's. I only need a VGA output just for my monitor but, thanks for the advice.