Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug transfer stain/mark issue
    By jay in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-07-2013, 06:33 PM
  3. Which cotton transfer paper do you recommend?
    By cankut90 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
  4. Yolo Dark transfer paper problems
    By Bob700 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 09:02 AM
  5. RICOH e3300 LEAVING TRACK MARKS ON PAPER
    By THE METAL MAN in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-01-2011, 10:46 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommend Fabric Transfer Paper Track Mark Problems

Hi all

Currently having problems with transfer paper thats used for fabrics etc. At the minute I have some paper that was purchased from bms, just had a look now but they dont sell it any more, says isub on the box! I am using a ricoh gx3300n and having problems with it leaving track marks.

From what I have read it seems like the problem is caused by the ink not drying fast enough on the paper as its coming through the printer. I am using the power driver for printing and there is no option for it to slow the print speed down, it has an option under advanced but its greyed out. Have also just updated the software but its still the same

Getting black track marks on lighter sections and white marks on pictures!. White marks are not so bad as they dont tend to show up when pressed but the black marks are showing up and very noticeable. Have even resorted to using a compass to prick at the black marks but they still show though. I am presuming its the paper as when printing onto xpres paper I have no track marks at all. Have tried having a heater aimed at the printer but still no joy

Can anybody recommend a different paper to use for fabrics or shed any light to slow the print speed down on the ricoh please?

Thanks

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've seen this before, can't for the life of me remember what the solution was, someone will probably be along to help quicker than my searching will find it! It may be that you can slow the printer/ink dry time on the Ricoh.

Come on guys, help me out here!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rotech paper needs a drying time and the lining is caused by the fact the printer prints too quickly for the ink to dry. There is a HR Texprint paper for Ricoh printers or you could use the TruPix paper as standard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, have been allowing a 15 minute drying time before pressing but obviously the black marks are still there, will probably give the tru pix a go. Have used it for mugs etc but not fabrics. Thanks for the replies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for an extra 20 seconds when pressing Trupix do that as much of the ink as possible can transfer.