Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. DTG with a Difference :)
    By Stitch Up in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 07:02 PM
  2. whats the difference between ......................
    By arthur.daley in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-10-2013, 06:08 PM
  3. The Difference between Vectors and Bitmaps
    By Earl Smith in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 11:04 AM
  4. difference and the best ?
    By bigj2552 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-02-2012, 09:40 AM
  5. Difference between inks ??
    By bazwalt in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-11-2010, 07:51 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same difference?

Hi, I've got 2 dead D88 printers with bulk ink systems that have got plenty of ink left in them. I later bough a D120 & an empty CISS which are both new & boxed so I was wondering are the inks actually the same so I can put the ink in the CISS? The inks are Artanium if that makes any difference.
    Thanks in advance.

Neil.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same difference?

Hi
    assuming they both use the same amount of cartridges ie 4 0r 6 inks then yes you can use the ink in differnt machines
    in otherwords as long as light cyan goes into the light cyan tank then it should be fine and the same with all the other colours
    Brett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same difference?

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon
    Hi
    assuming they both use the same amount of cartridges ie 4 0r 6 inks then yes you can use the ink in differnt machines
    in otherwords as long as light cyan goes into the light cyan tank then it should be fine and the same with all the other colours
    Brett
    Thanks for the reply Brett. The D88 uses 4 colours & D120 uses 5 but the extra 1 seems to be regular black too so I'm assuming it should be good to go?
    Are these printers any good? I had nothing but trouble with the D88s & a 1290 I had before them so much so I haven't done dye sub for 12 months & just concentrated on my embroidery & vinyl cutting work.
    I like the idea of the Ricoh printers but as a Ricoh trained laser & copier engineer I've just read the mod & tech bulletins on them & I think I'll wait for the new version to arrive before i go there..

Cheers
    Neil.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same difference?

The inks in the D88 and D120 are exactly the same and the 2 blacks in the D120 are the same when used for sublimation printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same difference?

Hi edgar
    Im not sure how good the printers are i uswed to have a 285 cant fault that i now use a 1400 again cant fault it, i recently got a ricoh 5050n but im having trouble getting the colour production on it right and i believe justin who is on this forum is having similar problems though theres a few here with ricohs who have no problems at all .
    Regards
    Brett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Same difference?

Hi Neil,

I'm having quality issues with my 5050, just received test files to check the heads, so far not impressed, D120 prints better quality, 5050 is rapid but speed not an issue for me.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!