Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Lovecut products etc
    By christine71 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15-08-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Lovecut!
    By Stitch Up in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-03-2011, 06:14 PM
  3. Are Lovecut still the same???
    By KAD in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-01-2011, 02:28 PM
  4. lovecut press
    By jennywren in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 03:48 PM
  5. Lovecut
    By SimonF in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

Ok so a stable box turned up outside my house today and out walked my new machine ok so it was trollied out by the tnt delivery man .

initial impression well packaged in a wooden crate in other words i think its direct from china and unopened but i might be wrong but hey even the chinease can make good stuff too you know.
    the instructions with it are a bit weird as they have been translated.
    the power lead has a 2 pin plug which im pretty sure contravines the laws govening electrical goods but again its a small point i had a spare one it did have 3 spare fuses i hope thats not a bad sign.
    construcion seems pretty sturdy though its not the press as shown in pauls picture exactly the same aprt from the colour mines all black ..... sexy huh
    i tested it with a transfer thats been giving me problems with my old press and it worked a dream i also tested it on sublimation transfers again worked like a dream. tomorrow ill be testing placemats on it as they give me lots of problems also. If i have got one complaint its the system for increasing and lowering the pressure its on some sort of strange under the bed system which i thick will prove a little awkward especially if you need to increase or decrease pressure half way through a run as the bed gets hot obviously seems a bit of a design flaw there but nothing my botchit up mind cant sus im sure.
    all in all it seems pretty good though time will tell. Ill keep you all updated .
    ACCDAVE has your turned up yet? have you sussed out how to alter the timer it took me a few minutes before i gave in and read the instructions
    Brett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

Same gripes here, 2 pin plug and the pressure changing system. Had to ring up about the pressure altering because it says it's a screw under the handle, there is no handle as shown in the instructions:D . Was soon resolved by the phone call though. I think I dropped the pressure too much because it was pressing hoodies well but not enough on t-shirts. Trying to put the pressure back up is difficult so I used a pad, which I'll probably stick to now.

The temparature setting on mine doesn't have a set button. trial and error was used.

Seems okay so far. Not had a new press before and certainly not one so big so hard for me to compare against one of the branded ones.

Biggest problem, getting the damn sides of the crate :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

Is you pressure adjustment underneath the bed ? thats where mine is i have to screw the coller round as i move the bed back n forth as for the crate already the wifes thinking about what ity could be used for i did have an idea but id have to drill her some airholes lol
    regarding the temp button is yours a seperate display with an up and down and set pad? its a bit strange i have to close the press to set the timer using up or down set the timer then waiot while it flashes for 8 seconds the timer is the set at whatever time you wanted until you need to change it again
    Brett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

Looks good - whats the construction like, does it look as if it will stand the test of time?

I bought a clam style press years ago and its still going now. On off switch went after about a year, easily bypassed, but the temp/time seems accurate enough for my needs.

Please let us know how you get along with it.
    Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

great job guys! can you also let us know what size of platens you own and how long does it take to warm up up to 19 - 200C from cold?

thanx guys agin!

Paul

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon
    Is you pressure adjustment underneath the bed ? thats where mine is i have to screw the coller round as i move the bed back n forth as for the crate already the wifes thinking about what ity could be used for i did have an idea but id have to drill her some airholes lol
    regarding the temp button is yours a seperate display with an up and down and set pad? its a bit strange i have to close the press to set the timer using up or down set the timer then waiot while it flashes for 8 seconds the timer is the set at whatever time you wanted until you need to change it again
    Brett
    Sounds like we have twins :D

I reckon I'll stick to various thickness of pads rather than keep fiddling with it.

Took me a while to figure out you had to have the press closed to set the time.

Paul it says in the instructions it takes 15 minutes to get up to 200c. I never timed my old one but that seems quite lengthy ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

platern size 58cm x 38cm
    heat up time around 10 mins
    Build is fairly sturdy the base looks like its been recycled from a cast iron bed bewarned this is definatly a 2 man lift
    it has to be said that ive only tried a few things so far but soime transfers i was failing miserably at are now applying great so i guess thats not a bad testiment.
    Brett

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

Blimy your instructions are more detailed than mine lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

thanks guys! 10 min is not tot bad I think... I think I need new press :D

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

how much is a finders fee nowadays lol