Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. place mats advive
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 16-06-2017, 09:20 PM
  2. Place Mats?
    By HayLou in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 05:40 PM
  3. place mats
    By guarddog14 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-03-2014, 09:41 PM
  4. Glass Coasters & Place Mats
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I put them under a heavy weight (well, a mug press on its side!) left for ages until totally cooled but still got small warp. Tried everything over the years, suspend them up with weight in middle, re-heat etc. Very rarely get one flat which is why I choose not to do many. There has to be a better solution, Magic Touch do the medite ones, might be worth a look. Printed a different way though....and not much cheaper.

I use Unisub coasters but also the wooden ones from BMS etc. I wonder if wooden (not unisub) placemats are available?

Last edited by Justin; 23-01-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I put them under a heavy weight (well, a mug press on its side!) left for ages until totally cooled but still got small warp. Tried everything over the years, suspend them up with weight in middle, re-heat etc.
    I've had the same issue. It's worse with the UniSub ones than with any other which, given how long UniSub have been in this game, it's something you'd think they'd have solved by now.

I stack boxes of mugs on top of them, and they still warp - although all that weight does help. However, if you're doing twenty of the things, you need a heck of a lot of space and a heck of a lot of boxes full of mugs. It's just impractical.

I use Unisub coasters but also the wooden ones from BMS etc. I wonder if wooden (not unisub) placemats are available?
    Even UniSub coasters warp, but they're much smaller so it's less noticeable. BMS used to sell wooden placemats, made from the same material as the jigsaws (and coasters, before the coasters changed). They didn't warp as much (and you could get them cork-backed so the little bit of warping was unnoticeable), but they didn't look as good as the UniSub ones, and they were no cheaper. I think they've stopped doing them now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Polymer it is then! If only.....

I see BMS have round mats in the wooden material to order
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen them on the site. I'd like to try them, but I'm not buying in 21 just on the off-chance they're okay. I've been stung too many times with "new products" to risk that kind of upfront cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ...and tbh, does anyone round round mats ? Not moi.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been asked for round ones. Although those old 12" round glass chopping boards and clocks were fantastic as round ones. They just got too expensive, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaks my heart but I've just sent them a email saying that I could not offer a quality product in the place mats, I'm still crying now turning away work, but I know I did the right thing, what would you have done in my place

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they are, but very expensive for the size. The cost price, imo, puts them out of contention. We're looking at some alternative wooden coasters which look promising...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polymer it is then! If only.....

We have just 5 of these in stock, so can split the minimum order if anyone's interested. They are a pricey blank!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a nice email back thank me for my candid comments and have passed my details to the committee. But I'm still crying, hate handed work back, maybe next time, but thank you everyone for comments which went along way and help me make the decision not to do the work.