Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-01-2016, 02:19 PM
  2. Profit Margins
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 08:32 AM
  3. Profit from the first print....new 711w printer
    By logobear in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-03-2013, 07:36 PM
  4. Profit
    By TonyM in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-09-2012, 11:56 PM
  5. profit on this item - your opinion
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T-shirt Profit?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T-shirt Profit?

Hello, Quick question.

Everyone has different ranges on how much profit they aim to make, and how much they sell them for???

Someone ordered 4 t-shirts from me. Small logo on front & big-ish logo on back.

I quoted them £10.00 a t-shirt. £40.00 in total.

So....

I bought the t-shirts.

T-shirts - £2.24 each on ebay.
    Got my Easy Flex. £4.50 per Metre (from Xpres) (not including VAT)

So the cost

T-shirt (fruit of loom) - £2.24
    Vinyl i would say.... £2.50?

Total cost - £4.74 for produce a t-shirt

Profit per shirt - £5.26 x 4 = £21.04

Then FREE Shipping (i would guess about £3.00 for P&P?)

Total profit - £18.04 (Around abouts)

How much would you charge for a vinyl t-shirt?
    Front & Back?

Do you think my pricing is about right? too high? too low?
    Let me know your thoughts. As t-shirt pricing i have found isn't easy (saying that im fine with with pricing dye sub now!)

Thank you! :)
    Last edited by edwardsmedia; 06-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you are selling over the web then there is a lot of competition so perhaps this is ok, but I would suggest that you should be aiming higher.
    I question your maths, £2.24 is quite a costly tshirt, and I doubt you can use 5/9ths of a meter of vinyl per garment. I suspect you could do all 4 on 1m.
    SO
    If you bought 4 Ts at £1.75 = £7
    1m vinyl at £5 inc vat (but not delivery)
    Post might be £3 - but what about packing?
    How did you take your money, Paypal - how much did that cost you?
    How did you get your client? - website - costs
    Your setup - even done cheap you must have £1000 worth of kit. If you right it off over 2 years that is £20 per week, and space, time and electricity don't come for free.
    Are you running a proper business? - keeping accounts and doing self assssment?
    £10 a shirt might give you a bit of pocket money, but you need to be doing shed loads at that price, or upping your prices if you want a business!
    IMHO
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i am selling over the web :)

How much higher?

I live in a very poor place (I would say poor!) in the welsh valley) So i guess my printing might be cheaper than yours due to this?

£2.24 on ebay yep.
    I have seem them about £1.70 each... But only on orders over £100? il get ordering shortly once funds let me.

I took the payment via - Bank Transfer
    client got in contact via - Facebook
    Set up is worth about £6,000? - All Xpres kit. and including software, 2 touch screen PC's around £9,000 worth with EVERYTHING, and Stock :)

Yep, Im running a real business :) keeping accounts, as for self assment im considering getting someone else to do that for me.

Im very new to the clothing/vinyl part of the business :/

So what do you think i should do?
    Spend over £100 on t-shirts (£1.70 t-shirts)
    Up my prices?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy any amount of t shirts from Absolute Apparel 1 - whatever, I mostly buy in bulk but occasionally I need the odd few.
    Great company to deal with (one of many mind).
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to take in to account the vat and you have also forgot to include any inward carriage charges for the t'shirts and for the xpres vinyl. These are part of the equation and need to be included in any costings. You are also paying way too much for your t'shirts

Also, as logobear pointed out, if your running this as a business, and not a fiddle, you have to allow for depreciation, time, power, taxes etc.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I would charge a minimum of £15 for putting flex or OBM on a t-shirt. That price would rise depending on the intricacy of the design and how much coverage was involved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that AJLA - Just checked them out.

What about -
    http://www.targettransfers.com/index.php
    Do there on site prices include VAT & Delivery?

As i bought these from Ebay (Colour Black) - http://v2.io8.co.uk/cidcep6j8qmiw/in...colour_code=36
    At £2.24 each including VAT & FREE P&P

If so really i need to purchase my t-shirts at £1.69 each instead of £2.24! (Saving £0.55) Depending if this includes P&P and VAT.
    then get to grips with saving vinyl! and not using too much haha!

and then up my t-shirt prices. an extra £2.00 or so?

from £10.00 - front breast/font
    from £12.00 - front breast/ and back

Depends on size really!

Bear in mind. there is a printing shop in the next village who are pretty much doing them the same price as the above. But not supplying the t-shirts....

So the overall profit we want from a t-shirt would be? about £5 - £10 profit per shirt? (everyone has there own thoughts on how much profit they want to make..... around £5-£10 profit per shirt is what we are looking at.... (about £7 for me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No these prices will be net edwardsmedia and there will also be a delivery charge.

With regards to what you charge, well you won't want advise from me as I charge less for the personalised ones i print (due to local competition) but my own designs are £12 -£14.

By the way i have very little waste and use my carrier sheet to use up all the tiny bits of vinyl for our own small design stuff
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much does a t-shirt cost you AJLA? and i would guess you use Easy Flex?

So really there is a saving to be made on t-shirts. I can't do £15 a t-shirt not around here.
    I would have to do about £10 for front - £12 for front and back. due to local competition from now on :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.47 - 1.75 ish, so it appears the prices on the site you have posted are good, I buy organic at .50p.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that..you might buy them all up
    I definately could not do £15 a shirt either, wouldn't mind moving to somewhere I could.

Oh and sorry I forgot to add that I use Ultra Cut from Xpres and only that for my main printing, my preference after doing wash tests and wearing my own shirts for several years.

I do buy the 3D from Grafytip for one particular design and various fashion ones for more hen parties etc
    Last edited by AJLA; 07-02-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Mandy