Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Something I never thought about
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:43 AM
  2. MDF Panels Grr Grrr...sorted. Coffee
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 11:04 AM
  3. Janners is sorted
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 08:17 AM
  4. thought i had cracked it
    By steve 1 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 05:35 PM
  5. AHHHH! Problems installing cis system! (SORTED)
    By AdamB in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very clear that you have never had Epson.

I have printed about 50 sheets subpaper A4 format and changed sub cartridges about 30 times back and forth and printed normal inkjet ink and heat transfer ink. Still have about 70% sub ink left, so ink cost in sub ink have been about 30 GBP.
    Normal inkjet dyebased is a bargain to get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maucca View Post
    Not sure if you're referring to me or John G here
    Certainly hope my comments didn't cause any offence - they were light hearted but i genuinely appreciated your passing on your opinions.
    Actually I have an epson sat next to me as i type - and have had it for a good long time now - mainly to print onto printable DVD's for which job it has been robust and reliable and perfectly happy to work with the cheaper 'independant' inks rather than Epson's own brand. So, no complaints - it does what i want it to do. But my print requirements for it aren't particularly demanding and if i'm going to sell the prints commercially i would want to be sure i was delivering top notch quality with top notch inks.

I'm new here and don't know John G but I'd bet he's come across Epson in his time too - and printed a fair few sheets of SubPaper I wouldn't wonder
    All comments and experiences are both welcome and useful and all opinions are valid and add to the great mixing pot of knowledge from which we can all share and invariably draw the wrong conclusions because in the end "there's no success like failure, and failure's no success at all" as my guru tells me.

Happy Vibes..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyCarrot View Post
    I'm new here and don't know John G but I'd bet he's come across Epson in his time too - and printed a fair few sheets of SubPaper I wouldn't wonder
    I am not sure but i think Johns printer was the ricoh from day one so i ma not sure John used epson before. I might be wrong as usual though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had kodak, brother, lexmark, 3 x epsons and canon inkjet printers - 2 x Ricoh 5050n sub printers, 3 x minolta, 6 x HP laser printers, 2 risographs and 1 rotaprint. - All, apart from the ricoh, minolta, riso and rotaprint have ended up in the skip. Some broke due to age, some broke as I threw them in the skip some broke when I hit them with a hammer due to blocked heads or ink drying up (epsons x3). Some were that old they weren't compatible with newer pc platform changes. So your sarky comment was uncalled for and basically a load of crap, you could try and settle in a little and find out a bit more about members on here before spouting your drivvle.

We all have our favourites, we all have our own points of view - nobodies right, nobodies wrong. All I was saying was in this particular instance, due to Phills 1st post saying he wanted something easy to use, I thought the Ricoh was the best option.

5th post and already ruffling a few feathers - nice to meet you maucca.
    Last edited by John G; 29-02-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't even got my printer yet but like the OP I will not be doing high volume output. My research (and excellent advice from Martin) has led me to realise that Epsons are good if...and only if..you keep them working hence my machine will be a Ricoh 7700. Even with a high product output my thinking was what happens when I go on holiday...(yes I do go on hols...haha) sometimes for 3 weeks? Do I come back and have to budget for a new printer because my Epson has gone kaput!

Whilst I can't speak from experience there is a lot of information out there...and on here saying ...low volume output=Ricoh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have had both, and both have worked well, but my current printer, - of 2 years is a ricoh, and i would have no hesitation in buying another.
    It is fast, easy, better quality, and, - pausing to touch wood, I have never has any issues except when I feed cut down paper in, - if you do mugs on 1/3 A4, you can cut the top 1/3 off and re feed, then the next 1/3 off end re feed again (could never do that with epson) If I don't put my trimmed sheet in perfect, it can jam, but second go it will always take. OK - I am being tight, paper is only maybe 10% of the cost, but who wants to wat anything. With my epson I wasted a lot of time, and while the ink is allegedly a little cheaper, i spent a lot more time clearing blockages and producing banded waste.
    My setup is essencially outside in the cold, and the richo gel inks have NEVER blocked, even if I havn't used for over a week (xmas holls)
    Make sure you get a Richo with the Powerdriver option, it is an amaizing feature, and takes care of all colour management isues for you automatically.
    There are more than 2 ways to crack a nut, if you like nuts, just find one that works for you.#
    Richo gets my 2p vote!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that being a little provocative, would speed up discussion and get more opinions about printers. Which it did.

I didn't understand that this place is made for people who think about things the same way. My english is not very good, and maybe its not exactly same translated in english, which i think in my own head in finnish. I am also a little plain-spoken.
    To prevent further insults subject to great forum members caused by my messages, i ask moderator to to remove my account. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that being a little provocative, would speed up discussion and get more opinions about printers. Which it did.
    Well, what did you expect

To prevent further insults subject to great forum members caused by my messages, i ask moderator to to remove my account. Thanks!
    No need for that - you have a right to your opinion, even though it's wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have an epson for my dye sub work, and i bought the refillable cartridges, now i dont keep an exact eye on how often i fill them up, but i have not had an issue with it, been using it about a year now, was told after an initial problem NOT to take the carts out to refil, but to use the syringe in situ, which is what i do now, printer is sometimes not used for a week, then might only do 4/5 sheets, next week might do 20 sheets.

I would say i am a very light user, as its not my main business and i am still on the original bottles 500ml and looking at them now yellow is the lowest at 1/2 bottle others are above that. i bought the kit complete with inks and spare cartridges from corelgraph.

occasinally when filled it might say "cartridge not recognised" then you simply click the cart out and back in again, after wiping across the front of the chip - its always been fine after this, and thats only happened a few times.

hope that helps
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura