Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Something I never thought about
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:43 AM
  2. MDF Panels Grr Grrr...sorted. Coffee
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 11:04 AM
  3. Janners is sorted
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 08:17 AM
  4. thought i had cracked it
    By steve 1 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 05:35 PM
  5. AHHHH! Problems installing cis system! (SORTED)
    By AdamB in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i thought it was all sorted....

On the lookout for some pearls of wisdom..

Looking to invest in a mugpress/printer combo which i need by the end of March.
    Definitely want a fully 'supported' set-up as I have an irritable relationship with printers in general ;)
    However, I don't anticipate a lot of use for the initial 4-6 months (hopefully increasing after that!)
    So what I NEED is an A4 printer with a resistance to the ink jets getting blocked up if it sits idle for a while.
    All good and dandy - and I had my eye on the Ricoh GXE3300N

Then BMS kinda screwed it all up by offering a really good 'start-up' deal involving an Epson B1100 with an easyflow system
    Essentially it comes to the same price - and I get an A3 printer - which offers greater opportunities for future projects
    And I'm torn....

Does the Epson really block the jets that badly if its not in daily use?
    or alternatively is the Ricoh really that efficient at not blocking the jets?

And now i'm questioning whether an easyflow system would be better than the cartridges
    and to be honest what was a done deal 24 hours ago is now all up in the air again! :)

Any advice would be much appreciated..
    and if you want to further muddy the waters with anything I've overlooked please do go ahead

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi. Epsons can be bit blocky when not in use for.ponger time. But all you need to d switch them on every now and then :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds as if you need an "easy to use" option, and in that case, I'd go for the Ricoh's - setting up can be problematic, but normally, once set up, they are foolproof (normally)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for intruding - but this needs to be in the printer section ??
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    If you'll have constant access to the setup a couple of times a week a test print would suffice to keep it clear. You can set daily auto prints if you don't mind leaving printer and pc on.The Ricoh should be a much better option if you have to leave switched off but all printers work better with regular exercise, you just stand a better chance of getting away with it with the Ricoh!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry we've made life so difficult! :P Go for the GXe3300n.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the replies - very much appreciated.
    Looks like the Ricoh then

Boys with Toys - I think i just got carried away with the thought of an A3+ printer with all the 'mad scientist' style ink containers.
    Ok - back on the straight and narrow again!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EPSON! EPSON! and EPSON!
    Ricohs are very well suited in different printing trouble discussions.
    And its their motherboard, which has some kind of error waiting to perfect moment to stop your business. You can check for example t-shirtforums for more.
    Buy cheap EPSON for 30-50 GBP, and two sets of refillable cartridges. When you have no use for sublimation change normal inkjet ink and print something now an then. So it would not block, when you need it just put sublimation inks in and your ready to go. CISS is not good for using now and then.

If youre a millionaire buy Ricoh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you maucca..
    Not sure I'm brave enough to attempt the 'unauthorised' refillable route I have sent several uncooperative inkjets to an early grave for not behaving already - it's one area where i tend to lose my rag quite easily!
    Also i think i'd be a bit wary about swapping my normal inkjet and subli ink cartridges - wouldn't the old ink still remain in the system? or does that clean through quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by maucca View Post
    If youre a millionaire buy Ricoh.
    Ah well, of course once my mug printing business kicks off I'll be a millionaire by this time next year Rodney - so i'll be able to afford that Ricoh after all

Seriously though - i appreciate your input, - thanks for taking the time to respond.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the carts are more expensive, and yes the printers are a lot more than epsons. But, and its a big but - how much ink wastage would you get with all the Epson head cleans, how much wastage would you have just switching it on once every few days just to print something that isn't really needed. How much hassle would you get trying to refill the carts. the list goes on!

If its the easy option your looking for, to print a few sub items, every now and then - there's no doubt its a Ricoh all the way.