Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. advice please
    By Quinsfan in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 03:14 PM
  2. Any Advice Please
    By Steve1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 12:49 PM
  3. Help and advice
    By jennywren in forum Software
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-09-2012, 09:14 PM
  4. advice plz ;-)
    By brad in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 08:34 AM
  5. please advice
    By kris_hm in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 09:47 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N00B needs advice

Hi,

About Me: Tom, Sunderland, Amateur Photographer.

Setup: iMac 27" i5 (Mid 2010). Canon EOS 550D. Lexmark basic printer

What I need: Well to be frank i want to print my own pictures without the need of going to a third party to get them printed. I've looked and the Canon Selphy 800 Dye Sub printer and almost parted my cash as i thought 6x4 prints would be ok. I decided against it after looking at this site and realising that there is so much more i could achieve. So i need advice please I'm looking at getting a printer to either work alongside the basic lexmark i was given, or to replace it nee to be able to print A4 however if A3 printer is in the budget then i will go for that. What is the best choice for entry/mid level that can be expanded from photo printing up to T-Shirts and other products in the future possibly?

Budget: £350

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,
    this is a forum for people who make photo gifts as oppose to printing images.
    One technology for printing photos is a dye sublimation printer like those used in the instant photo kiosks at books etc, - but that is not really what this forum is about.
    Sublimation gifts use a different ink set to printing photos, and you cannot use one inkset for both.
    I suggest a photographic forum might be a better place to look.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Logobear is right. You mistaking sublimation photo printers like canon shelby etc with sublimation process that is used for printing tshirts mgs etc...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use the type of printers we use to put your photos onto small canvas, promo items etc. But as said above, if your after printing out photos onto photo paper/card this is not the process for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention this canon shelby is ribon type printer. Not sublimation ink :-)

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canon shelby
    Its a Selphy - I've got an old one and they produce very good 6 x 4 prints, though they are bloody expensive to run. Like Paul said, they run on a type of ribbon and the card passes through 4 times - 3 colour and the last one is a laminate. Couldn't use it for dye subbing onto anything though - just to print postcard type photos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 Dye sub printers in my shop, a Mitsubishi, Copal and a ...Hmmm can't remember the other. Mine are used in kiosks etc but a lot of event photographers use them out and about at proms etc so maybe thats what you need if you want to to the evenT thing but if it's just a hobby or you want to cut costs you may be better off taking it to a lab. The cost per print on a dye sub may be equal to the cost if you take it to a lab and have it done for you by the experts.

BTW Dye-sublimation is a printing technique that diffuses dye onto paper. No ink at all just a ribbon and aroll of paper.
    Mandy