Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. RN & Orca Coated Mugs
    By Martinx in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-08-2018, 06:05 PM
  2. Orca coating Blurred image
    By JMugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-05-2014, 08:36 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 10:21 AM
  4. RN and Orca coatings
    By Maggie in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
  5. Orca coating suppliers
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: orca coating

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orca coating

Just received some mugs all ready printed with orca coating, a couple of the mugs had hand wash only, they have a picture of a whale, does anyone know who makes them and are they any good. The boxes they come in Durham boxes. Bit nervous now never order in mugs by someone else hope I've not made a big mistake
    Last edited by jennywren; 11-03-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: wrong word

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread may help you out: http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...atings-changed

The upshot is that Orca is a dishwasher-safe coating. However, for a time a certain supplier described them as "handwash only" - seemingly in an effort to push customers towards buying their more expensive mug (and, by consequence, making their competitors' mugs seem inferior). According to test results obtained from that very supplier, Orca coated mugs are "nearly as good" as the more prolific RN variants - despite what that supplier claimed on their website. They have since changed their website to describe the mug as "Budget Durham Mug" (not using the word "Orca"). It could be possible that your supplier bought their mugs from that mug supplier and is passing on their description of "handwash only", unaware that Orca is a dishwasher-safe coating.

You may wish to read the thread for further opinions from other users of Orca mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use orca and have never had a problem good smooth mugs with no spots, actually the only ones i've found that didn't have spots am yet to try a coral mug tho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always prefered the Orca coated mugs but after my last batch I'm having second thoughts. I had a few crack in the mug press but, put this down to a new faulty heat blanket. The other day I was pressing one & the handle passed me as it flew off after just a few seconds & this was with the old heat blanket in the press. I've also found that the diameter & height of some of them vary a bit too which means your putting more pressure on some mugs than others. What I have always like about the Orca mugs is that they are very straight & also bright white which some of my customers prefer. I must admit I'm now wondering do I go back to my previous supplier or do I take another chance of loosing yet more mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for you comments, sorry I repeated a thread, I found the other thread about Orca coated mugs, never used them, the one thing I did find when when I stack them some was of a different height and thickness, just a small amount, but enough to notice the difference

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coating doesn't really have a lot to do with the mug. RN coated mugs can be slightly different sizes, too. It's all down to the supplier as to which mugs they choose, I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    .I have used thousands up orca mugs and never has problems, of always had then replaced free.great mugs
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    .I have used thousands up orca mugs and never has problems, of always had then replaced free.great mugs
    have you been on the sherry ??? or is your keyboard in "Paul mode"
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mussed bee lostin transaysion - Geordie tu dan sowrf

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    have you been on the sherry ??? or is your keyboard in "Paul mode"

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG