Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh GXe3300N Lines
    By kezza99 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 05:51 PM
  2. This seems to good to be true.... (only of interest to Ricoh 7000 users)
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 12:23 AM
  3. Ricoh gxe3300n ... I would like some help please :)
    By PersonalizedGiftz in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 08:49 PM
  4. Newbie - Ricoh GXe3300n help
    By Daithi69 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
  5. Sold Ricoh GXe3300 Printer & DF1 Mugpress
    By Lee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Any tutorials/suggestions for newer users? (Ricoh GXe3300n + CoralGraph Mugpress)

Hi all

A friend of mine recently picked up a Ricoh GXe3300n printer and CoralGraph mug press but we're struggling to get decent results.
    (I'm not sure of model number for the mug-press. I think it's this one: http://www.coralgraph.com/heat-press...ansfer-machine - I'll update tomorrow when I'm infront of it.)

Here's the current process + info, if anyone could point out where we're going wrong we'd be most appreciative.

Firstly, we create the design in CorelDraw X5. Then we export it to a .png or .jpg and use IrfanView to make x2 of the same image on one sheet. (IrfanView has a "create new panoramic image" feature that's quite useful. And saves a bit of paper.)
    We then load Photoshop CS4 up because it alters the colours using the PowerDriver profile that this forum recommended and then we print the design out.

Next we insert the mug and set the mugpress to 160 degrees C with a time of around ~150 seconds. (We're still experimenting with times and temperatures. The manufacturers (pigeon-english) instructions say 180C and 170 seconds but
    that always seems to make the blacks turn browny-grey. Which apparently means they're burnt.)

At the moment, all the mugs are coming out with faded colours and the blacks, in particular, looking browny-grey/burnt.

I'll spend a few hours this evening searching these forums for similar issues but if anyone can guide us with settings etc that'd be great.
    My 2 main questions are simply:
    How important is having Photoshop + the printer determine the colours? I personally think they looks rather faded but my friend insists they're supposed to be like that and the heat-process will fix it.
    Secondly, are we supposed to be heating the CoralGraph up to a certain temperature (without a mug?) before placing in the mug + design we wish to create?

Thanks again.

I'll forward this topic to my friend (who's already a member) and he can fill in any info that I may have missed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you set the profile in photoshop to working rgb as reccomended by sawgrass.
    Are you printing image on correct side of subi paper
    also have you read through the notes on sawgrass website.
    Not sure about your press but we always preheat the press with a dud mug then press 180 for 180 secs the come out perfect plus are the mugs you are pressing onto not to cold and is the pressure on the press correct.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DY357LX View Post
    How important is having Photoshop + the printer determine the colours? I personally think they looks rather faded but my friend insists they're supposed to be like that and the heat-process will fix it.
    Secondly, are we supposed to be heating the CoralGraph up to a certain temperature (without a mug?) before placing in the mug + design we wish to create?

Thanks again.

I'll forward this topic to my friend (who's already a member) and he can fill in any info that I may have missed.

1st. nope. you dont need photoshop if you use powerdriver. you can print straight from irfanview or any other graphic software.

2nd. your friend is right :)
    colors will apear "normall" when heated :D

all the best

PAul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    have you set the profile in photoshop to working rgb as reccomended by sawgrass.
    Yes. I double-check it everytime I'm about to hit Print.

Are you printing image on correct side of subi paper
    We're pretty sure we are. He does the "lick finger and thumb, touch paper, paper stays stuck to correct side" test.

also have you read through the notes on sawgrass website.
    Hmm, no. I'll check through that in the morning when I'm at the pc + press.

Not sure about your press but we always preheat the press with a dud mug then press 180 for 180 secs the come out perfect plus are the mugs you are pressing onto not to cold and is the pressure on the press correct.
    What's your pre-heat process? Do you aim for a certain temp or just leave it switch on for X minutes?
    The mugs are definately in a cold-ish environment as it's warehouse based. No sure how we'd get around this.
    As for pressure on the press... I guess we'll have to experiment with this tomorrow. Any tips/pointers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    1st. nope. you dont need photoshop if you use powerdriver. you can print straight from irfanview or any other graphic software.

2nd. your friend is right :)
    colors will apear "normall" when heated :D

all the best

PAul
    Thanks for the info, Paul.
    The reason I haven't been printing with Irfanview is because the colours in it's preview are definitely different than those in Photoshop. I'm not sure Irfanview is using (or can use) the PowerDriver profile.
    I'll investigate tomorrow when am the main machine.
    Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say your temp is too low. Set the temp to 170 and press for around 120-140 seconds, possibly lower depending on how your press works.

Powerdriver adjusts your colours when you print, so you need to print to PowerDriver (not to the Ricoh printer) and you can print from anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DY357LX View Post
    Thanks for the info, Paul.
    The reason I haven't been printing with Irfanview is because the colours in it's preview are definitely different than those in Photoshop. I'm not sure Irfanview is using (or can use) the PowerDriver profile.
    I'll investigate tomorrow when am the main machine.
    Thanks again.
    Powerdriver isn't a profile. You need to look at the user guide for printing with Powerdriver from this link...
    http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/techni...ort/sublijet-r

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    yep :) if you use powerdriver dont use profile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info everyone.
    I'm currently working through this documentation:
    http://sawgrasseurope.indigofiles.co...5_GXe3300N.pdf
    (Sawgrass WinProfile for our printer.)

I changed all the settings as instructed but when I get to:
    5 - Select the appropriate sublimation ICC profile from ‘Correct colors using color profile:’.
    the file simply isn't there. I've closed the program and re-opened it. I've done the step-by-step again and
    saved it under a different name but, still, the file isn't listed where it's supposed to be.
    I've used Windows Search to attempt to find the custom profile file but Windows can't find it.
    CorelDraw doesn't give me an option of where to save the file, it just asks for a name.

Anyone got an ideas or can upload their file with the same settings?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres no need for using the icc profiles if your using windows - power driver does it all for you instead, just print to powerdriver.

If you do want to do the profile way - download the icc profile from sawgrass http://sawgrasseurope.com/technical-...s-icc-profiles