Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug press problem
    By andy 18 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-11-2014, 04:56 PM
  2. BMS Press Problem
    By Tania in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 04:06 PM
  3. Newbie - Press problem?
    By ericlemes in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:12 PM
  4. Is there a problem with my mug press?
    By cupsforcops in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  5. Mug press problem
    By KAD in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problem with mug press

I have one of those 8 in 1 machines, i know before you all say I just wanted to test the water and am looking at getting a more robust press and mug press.
    The problem im facing is when i put the mug press on i leave it for a while till it gets temp then put in my mug.
    Problem i assume is the temperature of the mug being cool the temp of the press drops quite a bit and have to wait about another 30 seconds plus to get back up to temp before i can start the timer.

Should i warm the mug first, is this what happens, is it a duff press total newbie.
    Anyone any answaers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You should be warming the press to full working temp with a blank mug in, once at that temp put your mug to be printed in. The temp will drop considerably as the cold mug absorbs the heat before returning to working temp. Typical settings are 180c for 180 seconds but you may need to experiment with these.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    temperature dropping is normal. just add extra 20sec. to your normal time and all will be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plugy View Post
    I have one of those 8 in 1 machines, i know before you all say I just wanted to test the water and am looking at getting a more robust press and mug press.
    The problem im facing is when i put the mug press on i leave it for a while till it gets temp then put in my mug.
    Problem i assume is the temperature of the mug being cool the temp of the press drops quite a bit and have to wait about another 30 seconds plus to get back up to temp before i can start the timer.

Should i warm the mug first, is this what happens, is it a duff press total newbie.
    Anyone any answaers.
    If it is the 8 in 1 press do you have an idle time, operating time and seconds setting? There are 3 settings on these machines usually, so you set the idle temp to 110 degrees, operating temp to 170 degrees and time to 100 - 120 seconds (with Ricoh printers). The timer doesn't start until the operating temp is reached and then it starts counting down.