Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Additional duties of up to 58.8%
    By edwardsmedia in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-01-2017, 09:04 AM
  2. Any additional software required
    By Bob @ Prestige in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-11-2014, 11:53 PM
  3. Member Profiles - Additional Fields, all members please read
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-10-2012, 12:12 AM
  4. Additional vinyl cutter with Optic Eye
    By draig in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 02:20 AM
  5. Recommend me an additional Plotter
    By draig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-02-2010, 03:22 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additional Printing on Mugs

Hi All,

Don't know if anyone has had this query before but here goes.

I had a customer ask for heat reveal mugs fully printed with dyesub then and over print which would be seen at all times that would be screen printed. First of all I knew it is fairly standard as I have seen them out there but then trying to work out the correct procedure started to get the doubts going. This all comes down to the heat required for both methods. I thought I would dye sub it first then send it to a local guy who does the screen print part....... but he fires the mugs at a far higher temp than we use. How does this affact the DS print? Should the print be done the other way around?

I sent them to someone else in the end as they had a short deadline.

Cheers,

Andrew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Additional Printing on Mugs

We had a query along these lines months ago and it throws up some problems in the design and geting the dyesub image lined up correctly with the screen printed image. I think if you go down this route then get the screen printed image on first and design your dyesub image so that it can be put on afterwards. As the dyesub image is put on by hand then you have much greater control over lining the image up correctly with the screen printed image (which I believe is much more automated) and can be a fraction of a mm different position on each mug. If the dyesub image is put on first then this small difference in the screen print can make all the difference between an acceptable mug and a (costly) reject.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Additional Printing on Mugs

Cheers Martin. That's the kind of conclusion I came to after checking other suppliers of this type. They did state registration can't be guaranteed so extra room is required. Hand application will help on DS after I just might need some see through paper to make it easier. :D

It was more the heat involved in both methods that made me think this is the correct way. Thought kiln firing might set off the gas process from the transfered sub image and make blurry.