Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-11-2016, 07:07 PM
  2. Chinese counterfeiters
    By GoonerGary in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-01-2015, 03:46 PM
  3. Has anyone tried the Chinese Dye Sublimation Ink
    By wenico in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 11:35 PM
  4. Chinese cutter software
    By Dave271069 in forum Software
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 11:29 AM
  5. chinese roulette anyone ?
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to chinese or not to chinese

going for new cutter/plotter end of this mth.....

question is -

to buy the silloutte cameo
    or
    go for a chinese machine 28" and upwards
    cameo around £300 - similar price i can get 54"chinese one (LIYU) for around same price...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Good-Quali...item416557927f
    do i need 54" at the moment ? - NO....will i need it later down the line ? - Maybe....

the cameo has a good proven track record that has me swinging in favour for it.
    But to upgrade in 1/2 yrs and spend same cash again ?????

but i dont know how reliable these LIYU cutters really are....and hope they work with corel/photoshop...or its yet more cash out for bloody software.....probably need other software anyway..sigh

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought a Liyu TC631E, it does have a driver for coreldraw as long as you are using 32 bit and not 64 bit windows (but I havent used this). It also comes with depending on package you buy 12 months Signcut Pro or a lifetime of Flexi 10 starter for more money.

The big issue with these chinese machines is the absolutely terrible instructions and the fact that you need to have some pc knowledge to install the driver software and configure com ports. Luckily there are some tutorials/videos on the importers forum to get you going and if necessary they offer remote assistance.

Biggest issue I had was assembling the stand and then actually mounting the cutter onto the stand - the instructions are just that poor.

I am really looking forward to cutting my first tee shirt flex and my first vinyl lettering - so far been 'cutting' on plain paper using the pen attachment - just to get used to the software.

Well I followed you down the route of Brother printers so maybe you can now follow me down the Liyu cutter route lol

I am however wondering why you would need to cut anything as big as 54" tall and even wider. I think for most cases a smaller plotter would be sufficient as still possible to create a cut almost 600mm wide and 3,000mm long supposedly!!
    Last edited by WorthDoingRight; 12-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WorthDoingRight View Post
    I have bought a Liyu TC631E, it does have a driver for coreldraw as long as you are using 32 bit and not 64 bit windows (but I havent used this). It also comes with depending on package you buy 12 months Signcut Pro or a lifetime of Flexi 10 starter for more money.

The big issue with these chinese machines is the absolutely terrible instructions and the fact that you need to have some pc knowledge to install the driver software and configure com ports. Luckily there are some tutorials/videos on the importers forum to get you going and if necessary they offer remote assistance.

Biggest issue I had was assembling the stand and then actually mounting the cutter onto the stand - the instructions are just that poor.

I am really looking forward to cutting my first tee shirt flex and my first vinyl lettering - so far been 'cutting' on plain paper using the pen attachment - just to get used to the software.

Well I followed you down the route of Brother printers so maybe you can now follow me down the Liyu cutter route lol

i forgot you had one of those cutters lol .....how are you finding it bud ?....cutting ok ? any probs so far with it ?..apart from what you stated.

and i,m using windows 64 ....stuffed then ?

johnny

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    i forgot you had one of those cutters lol .....how are you finding it bud ?....cutting ok ? any probs so far with it ?..apart from what you stated.

and i,m using windows 64 ....stuffed then ?

johnny

I like my TC631E, I bought it over the SC631E as it had a much larger internal buffer which supposedly helps alleviate issues that some have had with complex designs on the SC631E.

I also live within 5 mins of Signzworld and have been to visit them and find them a great bunch to talk to - its a kind of 'open house' company and they welcome you in and give you a tour.

I would however suggest that if possible you connect your plotter via a serial port connection on your pc - this is the best supported method of communicating and if you buy a machine with an 'optical' eye it is a tad easier to use.

I also considered the cameo but not unhappy with my purchase so far but it is early days and just ordered some tee-shirt flex to try it on. I have not seen vinyl bigger than 600mm yet so dont need a machine that is twice that size.

Richard
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have heard "rumours" that the optical eye on these things go tits up after a while or simply dont work at all !....

get yer flex through bud and have a crack at it....so i can gauge your responce lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You wont be able to use photoshop with any cutter :-)

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You wont be able to use photoshop with any cutter :-)
    no plug in / marcos or anything paul ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    No. Coz photoshop is not vector software. I would recomend flexi starter for working with cutters. Best i my opinion for this job.

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any supporters of signcutpro and there yearly sub ?
    http://www.signcut.net/eshopb/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still work with signblazer i know its old fashioned and defunct, but it works
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura