Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Newbie help
    By PlonkaGames in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 02:52 PM
  2. Hi another newbie
    By mummywebb in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
  3. newbie
    By funprint in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-11-2011, 07:11 PM
  4. Hello from yet another newbie
    By doldham in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-11-2011, 07:24 PM
  5. Newbie in here :)
    By PersonalizedGiftz in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Another Newbie :)

Hi Everyone,
    my names Adam, As i have read allot of articles on here for help and advice before i finally decided to join after working with people doing sublimation and getting no where due to the fact cheap inks were being used, printer kept clogging and other factors so ive decided to go alone and hopefully produce great finished products to my little group of customers. I decided to purchase the Ricoh SG 3110dn (with no ink for now) and will purchase subli-jet r ink when ive saved a bit more money as im on a tight budget, i already have heat press and a good little stock pile of blanks what's growing slowly and i use CorelDraw x5 for my designs. my only downside in corel is that i keep forgetting sometimes to convert photos and pictures to bitmap and have printed stuff before with fuzzy edges (i will never learn). Any way, just a quick question on what would be better to use, the power driver or a icc profile when setting up the printer? I have read that people have different results in colour and would like to know what would be better for photos and pictures to get the best match as possible

Many Thanks

Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam and welcome to the forum :-) The powerdriver should work fine instead of having to use profiles. I believe you just switch all settings off in software and powerdriver takes care of everything.JustinDSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Justin, Ive just downloaded the powerdriver now so its all ready to install on laptop, I will post a couple of pictures when i do get it all set up to show, I was also thinking off downloading the icc for it to just to compare a image on a mug to see what the difference in colours are between the both.
    Will keep you posted on how i get on when ive got it all ready and happy with my set up.

Cheers Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Just to check - you haven't installed the cartridges that came with the printer have you??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Martin, no i haven't i put them in, they are some where safe until i can find someone to buy them (hopefully). When will you be stocking the ink for this printer? ive found a company called Nova Chrome who stock them and cant remember the other one i found. Im just waiting for funds to clear then will be placing a order with you for some bits, Got a few cases and a Photo Slate to do but will have to use the 1400 to do them for now if i can get colour right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take that back, just checked Nova's web site and they have taken them of...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Hi Martin, no i haven't i put them in, they are some where safe until i can find someone to buy them (hopefully). When will you be stocking the ink for this printer? ive found a company called Nova Chrome who stock them and cant remember the other one i found. Im just waiting for funds to clear then will be placing a order with you for some bits, Got a few cases and a Photo Slate to do but will have to use the 1400 to do them for now if i can get colour right.
    They are here:
    http://www.printerowners.co.uk/subli...cartridges.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Martin, Iv'e not long placed a order for a few bits, next one will be for carts :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick update on how im getting on - not to good lol, having had my children stop for the summer holidays has taken a blow to my money pot so had to put things on hold for now but it has given me more time to plan for the market im after and to look at different things, I have done a few vinyl hoodies for people which i quite enjoyed doing but using a heat press in the nice weather we've had wasn't the brightest idea, Ive also done a few pillow cases with designs the kids wanted to use the bits of vinyl up. Any way ive got most the things i need to start sublimating on my own in place and figured out a reasonable price list to sell the goods at. My outcome so far is to enjoy my time with my children in the holidays then focus on getting up and running properly when they are back at school.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    A quick update on how im getting on - not to good lol, having had my children stop for the summer holidays has taken a blow to my money pot so had to put things on hold for now but it has given me more time to plan for the market im after and to look at different things, I have done a few vinyl hoodies for people which i quite enjoyed doing but using a heat press in the nice weather we've had wasn't the brightest idea, Ive also done a few pillow cases with designs the kids wanted to use the bits of vinyl up. Any way ive got most the things i need to start sublimating on my own in place and figured out a reasonable price list to sell the goods at. My outcome so far is to enjoy my time with my children in the holidays then focus on getting up and running properly when they are back at school.
    Nice update, and its always handy to find a use for scaps....