Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Alternative to ChromaBlast-R
    By ArferMo in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-06-2014, 10:44 PM
  2. Anyone using Chromablast...?
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-11-2012, 08:31 PM
  3. ChromaBlast-R
    By Jersue in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 06:41 PM
  4. Chromablast?
    By scottfair in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 12:48 PM
  5. chromablast system ...transfer sheet wanted
    By fredster in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-10-2010, 11:24 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChromaBlast cotton system

Has anyone, or does anyone succesfully use ChromaBlast on cotton T's? I understand it cant print white but does it print the other colors on darker color T's or are you still limited to light colours? how well do they withsatnd the washing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ChromaBlast cotton system

You have to use light/ pastel coloured t-shirts but these can be 100% cotton or blends. Washability is good as far as I'm aware -

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. In your opinion Is it the paper or the ink that makes the difference? do you think the paper with Sub ink would work?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if i may...

Im no authority on sub-dye as im only now getting into it. I use solvent ink transfer vinyl for my tshirts but of course you get that "vinyl" feel to the finished product. I would like the print to be 'in the fabric'.

My point to your question is that recently i did some prints onto both mugs and shirts and wasnt happy with the results until Andrew (member here) gave me some premium transfer paper from x-pres....watta difference! My mugs colours were much more vibrant and reds were red...not orange lol (you shouldve seen the Santa mugs i did for xmas lol...ever seen an orange santa suit before? lol.)

So one answer is yes the paper makes a difference, a BIG difference. I was using some paper i got off ebay, for me the print was far too saturated and the colours were very hit n miss although i did get some funky variations of landscape sunsets that wouldve taken some photoshop knowledge to get - even though they were completely wrong!

As for inks, well everyone seems to big up Artanium. I bought "other" ink, I wont go any further than that!

Im pleased with my mugs now after being shown how proper paper works differently to the cheap stuff. Its like most things, you get what you pay for!

I do think that £6.00 delivery is a rip off for 100 sheets of paper though! if only they were on ebay lol, they'd be negg'd all over for postage prices lol. But still, ill be back for more.

Dave.
    (sill learning!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that Dave but I'm actually referencing to the ChromaBlast system (cotton sublimation) and was wondering if the ChromaBlast paper would work with normal sublimation inks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was wondering if the ChromaBlast paper would work with normal sublimation inks
    No you have to use ChromaBlast Inks and Paper in combination. Brief details on Sawgrass's website are at:
    http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/v.php?pg=120