Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Quote for some polo shirts
    By Quinsfan in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-09-2014, 10:38 AM
  2. ref solvent transfers for polo shirt
    By george in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-05-2014, 09:43 PM
  3. ref inkjet transfers on polo shirts
    By george in forum Clothing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-05-2014, 07:24 PM
  4. 9 polo shirts
    By Mugsman in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-01-2012, 11:29 AM
  5. Pink Polo Shirts .............
    By AdamB in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 05:22 PM

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polo Shirts and Transfers. Which?

Ive got another bee in my flat-cap today. My nephew asked me to run off 15 polo shirts for for the pool team in the pub he runs. They want black polos with their individual names on the back and the pub logo on the breast. Ive only ever used transfers on normal tees. Is there a special paper for polos due to their texture or will the result be more or less the same with normal transfer paper? As I would say that polo shirts do not stretch as much as normal cotton tees, standard paper would do the job or would it show too much of the textile "grain"? Thanks guys and gals.
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I see the grain through flex applied to polo shirts but I do not think it is detrimental to the look. If they did not like the grainy look they wouldnt have bought polo shirts lol

That yolo softstretch transfer paper is like the old 'Flex Armstrong' toy (google is your friend here)
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that Yolo paper, very impressive stretch... like the toy you mentioned, definately! BTW, they haven't yet purchased the shirts, I was just asking would the grain actually show. Maybe I will test an old shirt of mine to see. Thanks.
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it definitely wont hide the look of the shirt - infact if transfers did then I for one wouldnt want to use them lol
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know what you mean. I just noticed on two different polos of mine that they have very different grains. One is very course and the other is very fine... almost like a tshirt. I m guessing that the finer grain is the cheaper quality of the two. Oh well, like everything in life, its trial and error! Cheers WDR.