Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. help...looking for quality new tshirt set up
    By johNA in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 12:21 PM
  2. Coralgraph Heat Press Quality
    By GoonerGary in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 08:30 AM
  3. On Ebay, not mine Top quality Press
    By JMugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-05-2014, 12:00 AM
  4. BMS Quality
    By photoscape in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-04-2011, 07:33 PM
  5. printing quality
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dan74uk

not happy with my quality using heat press.help needed.asda so much better quality

hi
    as some may know im a new starter to this but can anyone help

today i bought a ceramic mug and a iphone cover from asda.it arrived today in store and the quality is fantastic

does anyone know what system they would use to get this quality on their iphone case and do you think they use heat sublimation or direct print.what process could get such good quality.if its direct print can anyone recommend a printer that would get this quality.please help get rid of my small/inferior man syndrome

thanks again

dan
    Last edited by dan74uk; 13-09-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen in the past the 'store' sold items have been very poor so I'm surprised to hear this. You say you're not happy with your results, please give us details of your setup.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

dan74uk
    hi justin

im using a standard mug press with a basic epson printer.i know its not the right way to start but at moment just producing for family and friends
    if i knew what standard of printer they use ,if its a expensive one i would break the bank
    how can they justify only 5 pounds for a mug.do you think they have people working on minimum wage to get enough margin for them.cant see how they produce items at a viable price without super doopa technology.im interested to know what technology would they use to speed up individual image production/

dan74uk

thanks

justin
    i have a opportunity of selling a lot of i phone covers and a lot of mugs but two things
    every image is individual so i cant use screen press and secondly how can i produce enough per hour to be able to charge only 5 pounds per cup .
    if money was no object ,to direct print onto iphone covers what printer would u recommend

thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Why you are not happy with your results? Whats wrong with them? What your setup buddy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For one thing they will buy all their supplies in bulk and get them a lot cheaper than we can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gues is and it is a guess is that the companies they buy from wont be on this forum doing single prints etc but factories with ovens the size of houses if you know what I mean, also Im guessing again the phone covers are gigantic printers that would not fit in a standard room in a house but yet more factories.
    but ay wot do I know!

dan74uk

thanks

haha
    thanks dave

but what sort of printers would these be.what are they called flatbed printers or something else.
    if i get the order i think i can get i will need something to print very fast and direct onto the object not having to paysomeone minimum wage to cut and tape products together with paper

ya get my drift...anyone help me with what machines these big companies may use ?

thanks

dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave271069 View Post
    My gues is and it is a guess is that the companies they buy from wont be on this forum doing single prints etc but factories with ovens the size of houses if you know what I mean, also Im guessing again the phone covers are gigantic printers that would not fit in a standard room in a house but yet more factories.
    but ay wot do I know!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan

Its a numbers game that gets them so low and also their delivery network. For example if Asda came to you and asked for individual mugs and anticipate 500 a day you would be laughed at if you quoted them anything over £2.00 per mug. But then think about it, a five at once mug press can output about 300-500 mugs per day, total cost for the mug and print is about £1.00 (absolute maximum), so you would be making roughly £200-400 per day in profit. I would happily take that sort of figure everyday. With regards to individual imaging etc, the way this is done is via a bespoke computer system.

Wide format printers that print dye sub are okay, but you need the room. I know of many high producing companies that use the Ricoh 7000 A3 printer. Again, some use ovens but that is their preference, as someone who has and does produce bulk mug orders I have never been convinced that the ovens are economically cheaper than a mug press.

With regards to things like iphone covers, again its a numbers thing and also they have automatic presses. The ones I have seen for bulk heat press work are four platens and 1 press. The platens rotate on a caurosel and one operator can load and another unload. These machines can output 300 ish an hour. With iphone covers they need a bit longer under the press, but then you can get 7-8 under the press at one time.

Not one company I know of that produces bulk mugs or heat transfer items has switched to direct to item printers. From what I have seen they are simply not up to speed yet and also the material cost on things like ink is considerably more.

With regards to your sublimation results, can you upload a couple of images (perhaps with the Asda one next to it) and then someone on here will be able to give you some helpful advice.

dan74uk

thank you mr giraffe

i very much appreciate your responses .i appreciate the time you take to reply

could i take your direct email?

you seem very knowledgeable

as i said i could be close to a nice deal a one off but a nice deal but i need the type of input and info you give.i would be happy to pay for your help if i can get it off the ground

do you have a background in printing.if im not being intrusive what do you do in this field?

i really would like more info on what the bespoke software could do and the type of automatic printer with carousel that i could buy
    im willing to spend a few quid on it if it can automate my process a bit more

thanks

dan

Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Hi Dan

Its a numbers game that gets them so low and also their delivery network. For example if Asda came to you and asked for individual mugs and anticipate 500 a day you would be laughed at if you quoted them anything over £2.00 per mug. But then think about it, a five at once mug press can output about 300-500 mugs per day, total cost for the mug and print is about £1.00 (absolute maximum), so you would be making roughly £200-400 per day in profit. I would happily take that sort of figure everyday. With regards to individual imaging etc, the way this is done is via a bespoke computer system.

Wide format printers that print dye sub are okay, but you need the room. I know of many high producing companies that use the Ricoh 7000 A3 printer. Again, some use ovens but that is their preference, as someone who has and does produce bulk mug orders I have never been convinced that the ovens are economically cheaper than a mug press.

With regards to things like iphone covers, again its a numbers thing and also they have automatic presses. The ones I have seen for bulk heat press work are four platens and 1 press. The platens rotate on a caurosel and one operator can load and another unload. These machines can output 300 ish an hour. With iphone covers they need a bit longer under the press, but then you can get 7-8 under the press at one time.

Not one company I know of that produces bulk mugs or heat transfer items has switched to direct to item printers. From what I have seen they are simply not up to speed yet and also the material cost on things like ink is considerably more.

With regards to your sublimation results, can you upload a couple of images (perhaps with the Asda one next to it) and then someone on here will be able to give you some helpful advice.