Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. sublimation coating
    By Wally in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-03-2014, 01:43 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
  3. Where to find blank polyester drawstring backpacks
    By sharyn in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-05-2013, 01:35 AM
  4. Sublimation Coating
    By Steve in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 07:17 PM
  5. Sublimation Coating
    By Andrew in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublimation coating for Blank Polyester

Any information on this coating for non Sublimation items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you meaning the self applied coating? I have previously tried the spray with average results.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a can of it here that worked pretty well. Don't use it that much now as there is a lot of faffing around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the coating from coralgraph, I found that it works best if you do a layer, let it dry then bake in the oven for 10 mins, then after cooling coat it again, leave to dry and then bake a second time. This is I am sure the 'faffing' that Simon mentions. Results this way are good however applying the liquid to an item in such a way as to avoid airborne contamination whilst drying is the issue that I find hard to deal with as I always seem to get something float onto the items
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mention polyester - do you mean to coat clothing ? i thought polyester clothing did not need any coating on it, but i could be wrong, the coating sprays etc are for hard items i think rather than clothing
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had assumed (maybe wrongly) that he was looking to coat hard items. Laura is right that if the item is already polyester it wont need a coating and if it is cotton then the coatings seen on eBay are probably a scam we decided in an earlier thread.
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You can coat cotton fabric. I have seen tuat you can get greqt results. But i only saw it on the photos so dont know how it perdorm in washing machine etc...

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a few bottles of Supergoose coating I got from America years ago.
    First time I used it was not very good so I gave up.
    Just started experimenting with it again so watch this space

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooops I have been told off for being ridiculous and 'digging' up old posts sorry about this one it is now finito

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can coat cotton fabric. I have seen tuat you can get greqt results. But i only saw it on the photos so dont know how it perdorm in washing machine etc...
    It is possible but you have to really saturate the cotton and make sure it is dry before sublimating. You need to realise you are sublimating the polyester 'stuff' that is saturated into the cotton - it is impossible to sublimate the cotton itself.
    The results are colourful, about like you get on a 50/50 cotton/poly material - maybe a bit brighter really. If you do it right it will not wash out, well, so far my favourite cotton shirt has survived about 100 hot machine washes with detergent and tumble drying and is good as new. Better than any JPSS heat transfers, and better than DTG prints I've seen.

BUT !!!!
    It is time consuming. It is hit and miss. If you forget how you got a great result you may take months to reproduce the technique :-(

Definitely not something I would advise for commercial application, but for personal use I print DyeSub into treated cotton as my preference when I need a cotton shirt.web_DyeSub Cotton PolyTW Saturatio.jpg

This shirt was washed in hot, hot water immediately after pressing and had been horribly abused after that for many washes. It still looks pretty well the same and is worn and washed a couple of times a week.
    Last edited by rossdv8; 04-08-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: add picture