Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Mug Press test against Xpres Mug press
    By Zipdorf in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 11:09 AM
  3. Heat Tape - Higher Temp
    By Justin in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 03:27 PM
  4. Time and Temp for Heat Press DF50?
    By TailoreChocs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 04:13 PM
  5. help - anyone in west cornwall who can do a quick test press for me?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It seems random at the moment as to whether the transfers are instant, or whether they decide to hold the money for 24 hours while they "review if for security reasons" but once you get to the last page of the transfer, if it says they are going to review the payment, hit the back button, and try again - 2 or 3 goes and you will get around the review!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    It seems random at the moment as to whether the transfers are instant, or whether they decide to hold the money for 24 hours while they "review if for security reasons" but once you get to the last page of the transfer, if it says they are going to review the payment, hit the back button, and try again - 2 or 3 goes and you will get around the review!
    Do you get 2 or 3 times your money as well?😃

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    if only! .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok after all the fiasco with ebay seller I decided to go to screwfix and buy one for £29.99 it's much dearer but its a good quality one and if it breaks I can take it back as its in driving distance
    Ok
    my heat press is Chinese, bought from signzworld, no name will try and add a picture later. Set at 180
    bottom lleft = 179
    bottom rright 181
    top lleft 184
    top right 195
    middle 193

now this has shocked me. After a while I used the laser temp and moved it around and had readings of up to 194 . Could this be the reason some of my products like iPhone covers are coming out poor?
    The middle is reading over 13 -15 c more than it should, this is wot happens when you go down the cheap route I suppose.
    dave

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully I haven't had to do many refunds, but I always dread if I need to do one, and my balance is at zero - it usually works out quicker to wait for the next sale to come in to give you funds, than wait the 10 days.
    I did phone PayPal about this, and they said that I could send the payment as a separate transaction, and not use the refund process, but this could cause problems with the buyer saying they hadn't actually been refunded, and then raising a claim against you.[/QUOTE]

i had reason to get a refund from currys, they took the money off my debit card instantaneously. But my refund back via my debit card took 14 days to go back into my account.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Hi Pisquee

I used to have this problem but then Paypal sent me a PP Debit Mastercard. This means I can leave the money in the PP account and if I need to make business purchases outside of PP I just use the PP card. Means any refunds can be made straight away.

Might be worth you investigating.

Regards

Simon
    Snap had mine nearly 18 months now, no more transfering money and waiting to clear into bank account.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldRapt View Post
    What are your costs operating such a card please Simon?
    Tony my costs are zero

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    PayPal transfers are almost immediate now into most UK bank accounts rather than waiting days (they are with us anyway).
    I use my paypal debit card to pay you Martin.......no fees to pay but comes out of paypal balance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave271069 View Post
    Ok after all the fiasco with ebay seller I decided to go to screwfix and buy one for £29.99 it's much dearer but its a good quality one and if it breaks I can take it back as its in driving distance
    Ok
    my heat press is Chinese, bought from signzworld, no name will try and add a picture later. Set at 180
    bottom lleft = 179
    bottom rright 181
    top lleft 184
    top right 195
    middle 193

now this has shocked me. After a while I used the laser temp and moved it around and had readings of up to 194 . Could this be the reason some of my products like iPhone covers are coming out poor?
    The middle is reading over 13 -15 c more than it should, this is wot happens when you go down the cheap route I suppose.
    dave
    It'll be interesting to see if the more expensive presses give more consistant and accurate reults (I hope so after forking out for a George Knight one :) )

Don't forget that the IR thermometers are generally only accurate to +/- 2 degrees C

Mark

PS maybe we should have a Paypal thread to keep this one about heat press temperatures
    Last edited by mgibbs; 21-10-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave271069 View Post
    Ok
    bottom lleft = 179
    bottom rright 181
    top lleft 184
    top right 195
    middle 193

dave
    Interesting , I have a George Knight but for all I know they are made in china too.
    What I seem to recall however is that the operating area of a heat press does not include it's extreeme edges where temp fall off may occur.
    ISTR that theopetaing area of say a 9 x 14 inch platen is only 8 x 13 this being a one inch strip around the whole of the pressing area. This being the case can youre do your test at these points and see what results you get please?
    regards, tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.