Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cameo ?
    By NikGrey in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 27-11-2013, 11:15 AM
  2. Cameo Help
    By Dave271069 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 01:00 PM
  3. Cameo
    By Craig in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 11:28 PM
  4. cameo
    By jennywren in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 11:58 AM
  5. silhoutte cameo on c&c
    By india in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all

I think Martin has hit the nail on the head, I am making it more difficult than I need!!

The confusion stems for the fact that I also produce a lot of clocks on normal photo paper and use them as inserts in wall clocks, so to do this I have to cut them out to fit an exact size in a recess of a wall clock, to do this I use a press and die from Ellison, great. OK what I am going to do with that is make different sized clocks to broaden my range, and hence the Cameo is going to be introdued so I can resize my clock face design in Corel. Viccar seems to agree with me for that job I need to go for a 'normal' A3 printer because of the size limitations involved.

So to the confusion, very new to sublimation which is going to be the second part of my business, and silly me thought I would have to cut our the circles again to produce my clock. Now by looking at Pauls excellent video I see where I am going wrong, doh!! so simple. I reckon I better look at the rest of your videos Paul, they are very good, thanks.

So guys with my ignorance and your brains problem is solved, sorry for the confusion between the 2 elements as described above.

Would like to thank everyone who has replied, it really is much apprecatted.

Kind regards

Phil

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you just printing on photo paper then gluing that to the clock face?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Yes Viccar thats what I do for the current range, it works well using the one size of clock I do and using the press & die is just the thing. Not sure if I am allowed to post a url, not here to advertise don't want to get banned so soon lol, but will suggest if you google photoclockworld you will see my site and see what I do with the clock designs i do at the moment which hopefully will help to clarify. They are all the same diameter, but I now want to add to the size range. The only problem is the die is a set size, and the range of clocks i want to do would mean a big investment in different sizes dies's.

So hence the Cameo, it will mean I can print whatever size I want. Most of the sizes I want will fit on a A4 sheet of photo paper, but like I say the extra room needed for the registration marks means I need to up the size to A3. Not a major problem, but just thought there may be way round it.

It was my desire to add glass sublimation clocks that then caused my confusion. Thought I had to cut them out the same, but of course now I know different.

hope that helps.

Kind regards

Phil

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need A3 paper & A3 printer to cut out 20cm circle using cameo with reg marks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Viccar

Yes seems to be, many thanks for your involvment much appreciatted. Now then where can I get quality A3 photo printer cheap !! lol

Kind regards

Phil