Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cameo ?
    By NikGrey in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 27-11-2013, 10:15 AM
  2. Cameo Help
    By Dave271069 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 12:00 PM
  3. Cameo
    By Craig in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 10:28 PM
  4. cameo
    By jennywren in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 10:58 AM
  5. silhoutte cameo on c&c
    By india in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cameo help please

Hi all

May be asking the impossible but worth a try. Hope its ok to post here, I am not doing vinyl but I know a lot of the guys who do vinyl also use the Cameo, couldnt find another relevant section.

i produce personalised wall clocks. I want to introduce the glass sublimation clock (20cm). I produce the design with Corel Draw X4 then I have a Cameo Silhoutte which I was told by the company I bought it from would do the job, but I find when using the Cameo and Cutwizard software and producing my vector layer to enable me to cut the centre 10mm hole for the clock mechanism to come through, and the overall outer size of 20cm, that the registration marks fall out side of the dimensions of an A4 sheet of paper.

Thought it was the answer to my problems cutting a pefect circle, well 2 if you count the 10mm hole in the middle. Company I purchased it from just said they made a mistake, and ........ well and nothing, thanks Graphtecgb. THe only way seems to be to go for an A3 printer, even though I dont really need the A3 size of paper to acutally print my clock on, it would be merely to print the registration marks on to enable the cutter to do its job.

Has anyone come across this, or is there a nice simple way of doing what I want with the Cameo without the need to invest in a bigger printer and extra pointless A3 paper.

If anyone has any ideas I would be so grateful.

Thanks for reading

Phil

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be misunderstanding the problem but you don't need registration marks just to cut the circles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I must say i dont understand the question...
    What do you need the reg marks for?
    Last edited by Paul; 04-11-2012 at 04:15 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Confusing post. Are you printing the design with sublimation? The post seems to read (to me at least) that you're using vinyl? Please clarify
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by readin the above i belive he is printing out the clock surface and then wants to put it into the silhouette to cut the circles hence needing the regisrartion marks otherwise the cameo will not know where to cut.

In answer to your questions im not too sure ow to cure your issue but will have a look on my cameo when i am back near it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all

I knew I would confuse people, just a gift!

I am not cutting vinyl. Craig is right, I am printing out the clock design containing photo and text on my printer on sublimation paper, then want to cut out the 2 circles only (10mm and 20cm) to give me the outer diamtere of the clock face and the centre hole, not the photo or text outlines. So to do that, or so I have been told is the 'right' way is to put it through the Cutwizard program which when I make a vector layer on Corel Draw X4 the machine 'recognises the 2 circles only from the vector layer and I can put on the registration marks, and hey presto it will cut out my 2 circles containing my clock design.

I hope that is a better or clearer explanation of what I am trying to do. It works great on a smaller clock face allowing enough room for the registration marks, but it needs quite a bit of room around my design before it puts on to the design the registration marks so I can feed it through the Cameo.

Sorry for any confusion folks!

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Phil

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to cut anything when you're using sublimation inks. Just print your image onto A4 paper. Doesn't even have to be a circle. They lay your clock face over the image, hold in place with heat tape and press (covering the top and bottom with silicon paper to avoid inks gasing onto the base). I think you're trying to make this more difficult than it needs to be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    much clearer now but still dont know why this process involve the cameo to be used.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well, after your latest post Phil I came to the conclusion that you're making paper faced clocks using sublimation paper :-(
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it because you are trying to print on A4 printer, you would need A3 printer to print the reg lines on a 20cm circle.
    The biggest circle on A4 paper with reg marks is 18cm.