Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Mug Press test against Xpres Mug press
    By Zipdorf in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
  2. Ricoh 3300, flat press, mug press complete setup
    By Titan Print Studio in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 12:06 PM
  3. For Sale SENKO CAP PRESS plus plate press and newstar 40 vinyl plotter cutter
    By letsgo in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 12:07 PM
  4. Wanted plate press - latte press- vinyl cutter wanted
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 07:01 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug press help!!!!

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the mug press game and am having 1 or 2 problems. The first problem i had was the quality of the paper which i managed to get sorted. The main problem that i am having is, i am getting uneven coverage when i try and print blocks of solid colour. I can get a decent black and even have had great results when printing actual photographs and text. I'm not sure if the press is too hot or the time is too long, i've done loads of tests on solid colour. The printer i am using is a Ricoh and the paper is Tru-Pix and the inks are ******. The ink sits lovely on the paper but when i transfer to the actual mug the edges and some of the solid colour seem to band or not transfer, I hope i've explained this right, Please help many thanks
    Last edited by Justin; 20-11-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Third party inks cannot be named on forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they Inks specifically for sublimation?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WhenI first started I got stripes which I fixed by making the mug a little tighter in the press and heating it for 90 seconds, then turning it and heating for another 90 seconds at 180 degrees

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the inks are designed to go with the Tru-Pix paper, which i have to say compared to the stuff that the company i bought the press from sent me is Brill.
    Quasar, thanks for that tip, ill try that in the morning, it does seem to be more on one end of the mug than the other. Any other suggestions will be greatly received, many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks ever so much for the help. I tried what you said about heating both sides and it worked a treat. I am still having a few problems though with the very bottom of the mug. I am i right in assuming that its better to leave a white border around the mug as i seem to get a little fall off (especially with the colour blue bizarrely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i allow a few cm at the bottom so i can get the template you can go to the bottom if you wish if its not all printing maybe your press needs to be tighter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you preheating the bottom of you mugs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have loads of different attachments for the press' maybe i should use a bigger heating element so there is more coverage. Should i be heating the bottom of the mugs and if so how. Do i put it in the press for a while first or is that wrong and is there a better way. thanks