Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. heat press temp guide test
    By socialgiraffe in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 03-03-2017, 12:25 PM
  2. Adkins Test Print. Black cloth inside new Press.
    By NikGrey in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-11-2013, 08:29 PM
  3. Novachrome swing press
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 10:24 PM
  4. Mug Press from Xpres - any good?
    By Judebill in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 09:20 PM
  5. help - anyone in west cornwall who can do a quick test press for me?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-06-2012, 08:13 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Novachrome Mug Press test against Xpres Mug press

In an attempt to find the way of producing the best quality mugs I have purchased both the Xpress (Adkins) and Novachrome mug presses. Both brand new. I have so far used the Xpress press at 180c for 180 seconds. The Novachrome instruction booklet tells me for Durham mugs it should be 365f (that is 185 centigrade) for only 30 seconds? far short of the 180 seconds on the other press.

Anyone have experience on this, please?

And what is "idle temperature", which they say should be 360f (182 centigrade)?

I am using the Ricoh 3110 printer with sawgrass inks, BMS mugs and Xpres paper (I am also going to try both with truepix paper as well).

Once I have some feedback on the above I will conduct tests and offer the results for everyone to see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not call them and ask them the supplier !!! then you can also give feedback on the customer service as well
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea and so obvious I hadn't thought of it. So I did what you suggest but they are based in North Wales and the snow has meant they have sent all the technical people home until next week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Used the twin head mug press from Novachrome and had nothing but problems, will be interesting to see how you get on. Adkins can't be beaten IMO as and is my main weapon of choice.

Expensive experiment BTW! Lol.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm about to buy one of those two exact mug presses! Wow. I have a novachrome press from about 8 years ago and it has worked very well...still does although the blanket is creased. It cost me nearly £800 back then, trouble is that it looks like those rubbish chinese presses you see everywhere which cost £120.

Idle temperature I believe is when you are not pressing an actual mug, but you will have your press still switched on with a safety mug sitting in place instead...keeps the temperature up so that it's ready.

I have always used Trupix as it was regarded as the best, but would love to know how sharp the xpres paper is in comparison.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 18-01-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i guess the weather has hit some harder than others lol, is there nothing on their website ??
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.