Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Need help with LIYU VINYL CUTTER PLOTTER SC631E
    By Miss D in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 09:24 PM
  2. Liyu SC631E cutter plotter optical eye.
    By Lynne in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 09:07 AM
  3. For Sale Refine MH-721 Cutter/Plotter
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-06-2014, 10:57 AM
  4. Wanted - cutter plotter
    By Joohlyauk in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM
  5. Help needed mh721 cutter plotter
    By wayne in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Thread: Cutter/Plotter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutter/Plotter

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me is the Craft Robo Pro the only cutter/plotter out there that can be used for thicker card stock as well as the usual flock/flex vinyl etc etc or is there a alternative?

I would like to buy a machine that does all as I will be producing some packaging for a client in near fututre and thought I would buy the Craft Robo Pro as its A3.

Any thoughts or advice????????

Cheers

Lisa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cutter/Plotter

The Craft Robo Pro is an excellent machine but it does have one major drawback in our opinion - with a cutting width of 40 cm you will spend a lot of time cutting most standard vinyls, flocks and sign vinyls down to sheet form, and will potentially waste quite a bit of material, as nobody that I am aware of supplies vinyl in precut pieces for this particular machine as a standard item (we, and I'm sure other suppliers, could cut it as a a special - but obviously at a price). Most of the larger cutters will cut cardstock, but again, if you are looking to purchase this economically, A2 is often the best sheet size to look at for this.

I would advise you to buy a 60cm cutting width machine if budget allows - a more expensive initial purchase, but definitely the best buy in the long term. We offer Graphtec machines which are at the more expensive end of the market but have a fantastic reputation for reliability. Other people here may well suggest other machines, but I cannot speak from personal experience on any other brand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as nobody that I am aware of supplies vinyl in precut pieces for this particular machine as a standard item
    We do!

Another thing to bear in mind is whether you need the optical eye for registration mark reading, particularly if your printing and cutting. If you don't need this function then there are plenty of vinyl cutters "out there" and I believe several forum users have these.

The ROBO Pro is an expensive item for a 400mm wide cutter and this is mostly down to the £ v Japanese Yen exchange rate (it was much cheaper a couple of years ago), but it does have an excellent reputation and comes with the optical eye. Cheaper cutters are on the market that cut but check out the software before you buy to make sure that what comes bundled with the cutter will meet your needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Martin - someone who I know buys a lot of his consumables from you asked me only about a week ago if we supplied 40cm wide sheets because "he couldn't get them anywhere else" so I assumed you didn't do them - after the conversation I looked round a number of other sites and didn't find anyone holding them as stock items, but I must admit I didn't check your site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how the brain works during the night...

I know of a Craft ROBO Pro that we supplied about 2 years ago and has cut a maximum of 5 pieces of flex. The customer we sold it to was (and still is) too busy to develop that side of his business. This Craft ROBO Pro is available for sale if you're interested at probably a huge discount to the new price and given the work it has[n't] done it's basically like new. I think from memory that it also has the special Magic Touch software available with it, but I must be honest I don't know too much about this (except it cost him a couple of hundred £££'s).

If anyone's interested then pm me and I confirm details - the customer is local to us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Craft ROBO Pro is now sold.