Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Dye Sub Forum get together at Printwear & Promotion
    By Listawood in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
  2. Printwear & Promotion - February 24-26 2013
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 18-02-2013, 06:05 PM
  3. Printwear & Promotion
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 10:11 PM
  4. printwear and promotion vol.18 no.4
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 11:16 PM
  5. Printwear & Promotion 2010
    By Justin in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Printwear & Promotion 2013 - What did you think?

Okay, someone needs to get the ball rolling

I found it really useful to touch base with TMT and also Listawoods, particualrly like their new mug, the Dinky Durham, which I thought is a nice little addition to the sublimation market. Very elegant and nice. Also thought their tablet cleaner was good and could have mileage in my industry.

Apart from that (and I know I am going to be ridiculed for the next statement) but Jesus, how many embroidery and dtg sellers can you fit into one room! Dodging the clothing catalogue throwers was also a bit of a sporting challenge. Bagbase has some really nice new bags and a couple of the retro style ones in particular I thought are quite nifty.

Would be interesting to hear from others who probably spent longer than the 1.5 hours I did!

Lastly, one small tip for attendees on Monday and Tuesday. I had trouble with my car alarm when leaving and subsequently did not manage to get going until gone 5.30. By then the gates are up and you do not have to pay the £10.00 parking fee

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Be very interested to hear what everyone thought especially add I'm not going this year. You tend to go in the hope of new products and often leave feeling a bit disheartened so hopefully members have a good time.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who didn't want to go I enjoyed it more this year. Actually got to talk to suppliers :). I wonder if it was the threat of my big stick but definatley a lot less kids this year, and overall a lot quieter than previous years on a Sunday.

After going for a few years I don't really expect anything revolutionary. Did look at the 3D sublimation which was quite intersting but unless you are going to shift thousands not in my league yet. Interesting to see the 'performance' shirts from Gildan & FOTL. If they sublimate as they should then Vapor, Xpres & Awdis prices will have to come down.

The 5 minute screen printing machine was interesting but it's one of those they send you details for so expect it to be expensive :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent about 4 hours there yesterday and, apart from a long conversation with Chris from Listawoods, didn't really get much out of it. That said, I only do dye sublimation. For anyone doing embroidery, I think it would be really useful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was nursing a severe bout of hangoveritus it was my sisters 50th who lives in coventry i had every intention of attending oh well good intentions go to waste oops lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to hear your thoughts (I had asked this question on an older thread). I enjoyed last years show and sourced some great t shirts from new suppliers which allowed us to extend our range. I'd like to touch base with some of the suppliers too given the chance.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HI Accdave

Interesting to hear about the garments from Gildan, as it was a fleeting visit I spent most of the time dodging clothing catalogues, now I may just have to go back :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy Osbourne was good on the BTC stand, would have been even more believable had he been about 50 years older :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a newbie I found it interesting albeit a bit confusing. There did seem to be an abundance of clothing suppliers and I found it difficult to work out who was doing what - but I guess that's just because I'm not yet familiar with all the suppliers and the various processes available! I did find all the suppliers I spoke to very helpful (esp. Becki at Listawood) and they had time to talk to you which made a nice change after Spring Fair. There was some interesting IT stuff but all seemed very expensive - and made you think you could pay someone to create a plugin to do the same at a fraction of the cost. All in all though, I was glad I went. Just need to see who sends me the samples they promised ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went along yesterday, have to agree over the Embroidery & DTG stands. This year I did manage to avoid dribbling to much over some of the embroidery machines (one day I'll need to upgrade, but not just yet). Went looking more for transfer vinyls and that. Loved the look of the Grafityp 3d, should work well on hats me thinks. Noticed ESP had some new type embroidery applique film, asked for details and samples there. Spent an age on Xpres stand asking lots of questions on the products I was interested in, again samples should be on their way eventually. Had a good talk with Kris & Becki on Listawood (when I eventually found them ) can't wait to see what's in the box . Wanted to go back to one stand but ran out of time, had to go and catch the train back, so I will be phoning them today.

B***r forgot about Gildan launching a Subli shirt, will have to ask for a sample from one of their outlet suppliers.
    Asked Sols if they'd sorted out their shrinking/mishaping problems and of course they said yes, will have to get one of them in to test.
    Well worth the £24.80 bus/train fare, was glad I went along.

Sharon