Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Dye Sub Forum get together at Printwear & Promotion
    By Listawood in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
  2. Printwear & Promotion - February 24-26 2013
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 18-02-2013, 06:05 PM
  3. Printwear & Promotion
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 10:11 PM
  4. printwear and promotion vol.18 no.4
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 11:16 PM
  5. Printwear & Promotion 2010
    By Justin in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WE closed logobear and I took Tracy & George too. We spent about 1 1/2 hours on sunday, and 4 hours on monday, and i could have spent longer but we had over 200 miles to drive home.
    I think it is always useful, just talking you pick up all sorts of tips, or have the opportunity to resolve little issues and gripes.
    I went and saw the demo of the Oci 711w on both TMT and Xpress, and what a difference!
    The Xpress solution seems very clumsey, and reults not as good. With Xpress you just print from a windows driver, so have no control over white toner (the expensive bit) but the worst was having to do first transfere to part 2 paper at 180c for 90 seconds, peel hot, then second press at 180c for 50sec, totally cold peel, and final press for 10 seconds - all a lot of time at high temperature.
    The TMT process all happens at 120c - so opportunity to work on much more delicate fabrics. First press to part 2 paper at 120c for 10 seconds - again hot peel, but easy at 120c, then second press only about 30sec? - totally cold peel, and final 5 second press.
    The Magic Touch printing is controlkled by a driver interface (called space controller?) - so the white is more appropriately used, and the final result has almost no hand, and looks superb.
    Needles to say, I couldn't resist, and bought the Magic Touch solution, I have already had 3 opportunities to use it in under 3 hours this morning, but have to wait a week for delivery.
    To be fair, the transfere product is a little cheaper at Xpress, but Magic Touch hinted at a significant price fall in march....
    Will keep you posted about use and results, but unlimited floating print on none-whites has been the holy grail, and I am really excited about our new offering,.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Logobear

Interesting and I also think TMT's system is the better one.

Did you get to see the one on the YES stand?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also thought the new TMT system looked excellent.
    Went Sunday and didn't notice any kids so well done to the wielder of the big stick :)
    I definitely wouldn't of won any medals in the catologue dodging contest as me and the wife
    had longer fingers then when we started from the weight of the bags we came out with.

definitely worth the trip though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    given it a miss this year, shame, but both have heavy colds, and some big orders in which is great, so allowing for the cold misfunctioning brain - we know the orders are taking a bit longer to do.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did indeed look at the YES system, I laso have samples from TransSlam, and Forever, and TMT looks by far the best end product, and the production method is far the simplest.
    To be fair, I was wanting to buy one, but the deciding factor had to be simplicity of process, combined with a great end product.
    The Magic Touch won on both these accounts.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did have a look a tmt oki white printer but heard some bad things at the show...... And that was from the tmt stand itself. Ricoh already lined up as a replacement due to printer problems. I did see a couple of the mug samples with scratches as well.

I do fancy a screenprint carousel on Dave Ropers stand though. £90 a week for an auto 6 colour made it look like a bargain. Might start on a manual first but was tempted to jump in the deep end.

Loved the 3d printer on Grafityp plus all their other stuff. If only I had a spare 50k.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see results and feedback

Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    WE closed logobear and I took Tracy & George too. We spent about 1 1/2 hours on sunday, and 4 hours on monday, and i could have spent longer but we had over 200 miles to drive home.
    I think it is always useful, just talking you pick up all sorts of tips, or have the opportunity to resolve little issues and gripes.
    I went and saw the demo of the Oci 711w on both TMT and Xpress, and what a difference!
    The Xpress solution seems very clumsey, and reults not as good. With Xpress you just print from a windows driver, so have no control over white toner (the expensive bit) but the worst was having to do first transfere to part 2 paper at 180c for 90 seconds, peel hot, then second press at 180c for 50sec, totally cold peel, and final press for 10 seconds - all a lot of time at high temperature.
    The TMT process all happens at 120c - so opportunity to work on much more delicate fabrics. First press to part 2 paper at 120c for 10 seconds - again hot peel, but easy at 120c, then second press only about 30sec? - totally cold peel, and final 5 second press.
    The Magic Touch printing is controlkled by a driver interface (called space controller?) - so the white is more appropriately used, and the final result has almost no hand, and looks superb.
    Needles to say, I couldn't resist, and bought the Magic Touch solution, I have already had 3 opportunities to use it in under 3 hours this morning, but have to wait a week for delivery.
    To be fair, the transfere product is a little cheaper at Xpress, but Magic Touch hinted at a significant price fall in march....
    Will keep you posted about use and results, but unlimited floating print on none-whites has been the holy grail, and I am really excited about our new offering,.
    We looked at it and the guys from TMT as usual very helpful. I have to confess I was empted but I also have to confess I have purchased every version of WOW style printing and I have never managed to master it. Infact I have never sold one and I guess its been at a cost of about £360 of papers - Probably more my fault than anyone elses. Once you have the equipment and you are up and running it would be nice to know your views.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we really liked the magic touch setup too
    just not got the dosh yet
    stu
    RICOH GX 7000 ROLAND GX24 ROLAND VP300

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Loved the 3d printer on Grafityp plus all their other stuff. If only I had a spare 50k.
    Was this a 3D sublimation printer? I see the 3D vinyl on their site.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a uv flat bed. It just layered the ink to lift parts of the design.