I thought you might like to know a strange thing that has just happened to me.

I bought back in 2008 a Dell computer, via eBay. Just after buying it I purchased direct from Dell, extended warranty. Over the years I have had Dell engineers out a number of times to repair it under the warranty.

This last week it has gone wrong again, and I am getting near to the end of the extended warranty, which I can't extend any further. An engineer came out, but was unable to sort it out, so I had expected the engineer to come again today.

Last evening Dell telephoned me and said that an engineer will not be coming and they informed that in fact this machine, is not mine but it belongs to Dell, and that they want it back.

How come I asked them that in nearly five years this issue has not been mentioned?

I had a phone call from them again this morning confirming that they want it back and that not only do they want it back, but it has to be in the same condition as they sold it to the original person. Which is different to the conditon I received it in!

I am of course going to seek advice from the CAB, but thought it was rather interesting, especially as they have taken nearly five years to claim it back. Sadly after all this time I don't have a receipt, and am certain I can't get anything via eBay that far back.

I could not get the guy from Dell to understand that after all this time that I don't have the receipt and could not remember how much it cost. Heck after five years would anyone remember how much they paid for something, I doubt it! But he just didn't want to know!