Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Can't add photos
    By Quinsfan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-01-2014, 08:37 PM
  2. Photos
    By TonyM in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM
  3. Photos to Stencil
    By Dave271069 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 05:49 PM
  4. Photos of sew out
    By jennywren in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 21-01-2013, 11:05 PM
  5. Dye Sublimation for Photos
    By WorthDoingRight in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-05-2012, 04:00 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you take your photos.

Hello All!

I was just wondering how you photograph your items, i was looking at getting the item below to save my dodgy rug or kitchen side showing on my photos. I did hear once a bath is quite good but my baths pinky, not white.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-C...item4aa784e708

What you all think? ever used such kit?

Daz
    I have a short attention span.... HEY LOOK A PLANE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    waste of time without a camera with manual settings. as you need to know how to take a photo to overexpose white. Any way... white is not fashionable any more and you beter off to arrange some nice looking rug and natural background and then take nice picture. easier then laboratory clean, white photos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We use a couple of photo tents one like that, and another bigger one. Have replaced the tripod thing that came with the kit, as it wasn't strong enough to take our DSLR, with a full sized tripod, and also use a manual shutter release.
    It depends on the market you are selling to as to whether "white cut-out" shots are what are appropriate, or "style" shots.
    We use both, but find doing white cut outs quicker and easier than arranging up a room set or hiring a model

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I had a little setup like that but my photography skills are zero so I got rid.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i got tent like this. no those lights thou. they would be useless for 99% of people. light would NOT be bright enough to give you white background. it will be grey or orange if WB set wrong.
    I use 300Ws light for background to make it clean white. sometimes flash gun if cant be assed to set up :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh i see, thats for your input once i get everything ill take some photos of goods, £29.99 off my wish list now :)
    I have a short attention span.... HEY LOOK A PLANE!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We use those little lights, although I swapped the bulbs for very bright LED based ones, as the halogens got too hot, used too much electric, and blew too easily.
    We use a Canon EOS D400, and can manually set everything needed. Have a fixed 50mm lens for this work, and that camera doesn't really get used for anything else, so it pretty much stays set for white background product shots. The other D400 has a different lens for other work

For the bigger tent, we tend to use this outside when its sunny, as the little lights for the small tent aren't big enough - we will be buying bigger lights for this one though too.