Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Tablets - The computer kind
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19-07-2012, 04:08 PM
  2. New Computer.........what do you all think.
    By Ian M in forum Hardware
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 10:42 PM
  3. computer displays ink low
    By SteveUK in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-11-2010, 02:40 PM
  4. Computer Fried
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-11-2010, 10:23 PM
  5. No Special Computer
    By Stitch Up in forum Hardware
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have legal protection with your home insurance give them a call.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no lawyer but IMO, Dell can only chase the person who owes the debt, if that debtor went into receivership, then Dell's case ends there. They either get paid, or lose it - same as anyone else that is owed money from the debtor.

Dell cannot claim money off you, you didn't buy it off them. I think either a talk with a solictor/lawyer or Citizens Advice would sort this out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have thought if they are claiming 'stolen goods' they'd have to get the police to recover it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I can't see how they can claim it is still there. Also why NOW, why not when I took out the extended warranty?

I have gone a long way back into Paypal, thank you Paul for that reminder, but as yet can only find one reference to the type of computer that they are claiming, just need to check with them the dates and I think I have got that info. If it is then it came to me just as a case and motherboard and I rebuilt it over a period of time. If they want it back as the guy said, in the condition they sold it to the other party, then they have no chance.

For your info it is a Dell XPS720, rather large machine mainly used by gamers, (They don't make them anymore either), not into gaming I just wanted a big machine to show off with!! Typical of me!!

I am going to the CAB on Monday, that is when the nearest one to me opens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspect this was a computer bought through a company scheme where the person was able to buy it, at a greatly reduced price, and they paid for it monthly through their salary over 3 years. I know as I got one through one of my daughters. No-one has come back saying it's not mine but then I've not contacted Dell about it. I do seem to remember a clause in the initial contract saying the computer isn't the users and there needed to be an additional payment or returned (or something to that effect) at the end of the term (3 years). Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about that.

But hey ho, I have had it a number of years, it is crap anyway, and now doesn't work. Dell wont do the repairs, so at the end of the day, if they want it back, they will have to arrange the collection of it. If they think I am going to pay for it to be sent back to them, they can think again!

That is an interesting point about the police, I might even ask a police guy I know about it, that should be interesting. If it is stolen, I just to take of my stuff and let them take it into custody! The Dell can sort it out with the police!!

Thanks for all the comments, it has been entertaining and I appreciate you al taking the time to post!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the trouble with Dell, I expect know but remember to remove all off your art work and stuff before it goes any where. Easy to forget in times of pressure work family and commitments.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dell website, there is a feature/page called "my products and services" - for you to have the extended warranty, then surely the machine in question's service tag is listed in this, or you will have an option to add it to your products and services - if it is, or you still can add it then do ... if the Dell website says that it is your then it must be ... take screen shots of this as evidence!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already decided to take out the hard drive and just bung in a blank one, not sure if it works or not, but thats not my problem!

Then I will use the hard drive from that machine in a caddy and use it as a back up drive! Sorted!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have a look and see what it says. The problem is that Dell despite me filling in the correct forms, still have the old buyer down as one of the contacts. I have asked them time and time and time again to change it, I have fill in the online forms more than once, but they are just a load of idiots.

Booze up in a brewery comes into mind!