Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Tablets - The computer kind
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19-07-2012, 05:08 PM
  2. New Computer.........what do you all think.
    By Ian M in forum Hardware
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 11:42 PM
  3. computer displays ink low
    By SteveUK in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-11-2010, 03:40 PM
  4. Computer Fried
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-11-2010, 11:23 PM
  5. No Special Computer
    By Stitch Up in forum Hardware
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To put another spin on it - next time you have contact with Dell, advise them that you are also seeking reimbursement of the insurance/warranty fees you have been paying for all these years. You can't insure something you don't own

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, and a couple of other points that were suggested to me by the Police when I went to see them. Which is that Dell have committed a fraud by selling me the warranty in the first place, because if the machine is not mine then that cannot legally sell me warranty on the machine and by virtue of that are themselves breaking the law. Also by Selling me the warranty they are by default acknowleding that I do own the machine, and by coming out to do the repairs they are further coonfirming that I do own the machine. They cannot have it both ways!

Also the police have said that as I bought the machine in good faith that THEY (Dell) have to prove that THEY own it, and that they cannot insist that it comes back in the same condition that they sold it to the original buyer.

I have, thanks to Paul pointing out the trackability on Paypal, found the receipt for it, and I bought it as a case, nothing in it. I have payed for eveything that has gone into it, and if they want it back they can have the case only!

After talking with the police on Thursday, I telephoned Dell and asked for them to pass a message onto the person/department that contacted me, and asked them to ask that department to call me back and I said that I wanted to talk with them further on this issue. I received a phone call on Thursday, sadly it went to my answerphone, but they said 'Thank you for your call, we understand that this issue is with our legal department and that they will be in contact with you'. Just goes to show what a load of idiots thay are in that they cannot even take a simple message and pass it on!

Mind you in the three years that I worked repairing Dell computers I found this happened time and time and time again. The thoughts about a booze up in a brewery comes very much into mind when I hear the word Dell.

Now adays when someone says Dell, I tell them to stop swearing and to go and was their mouths out!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the saga goes on.

Dell have said that they want to see my receit for the purchase of the computer, which all I have is the payment advice from Paypal, which I have printed out and scanned and sent to them. They are saying that this is not acceptable.

So I have asked them what is, and am awaiting their response.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would tell them to go ram it James.

As you have said, the police has said that it is down to them to prove they own it. As they have not provided this and you have provided a receipt (paypal is good enough) tell them that you will see them in court if it continues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my reply to them I said

‘According to my solicitor by default Dell have accepted that I am the owner of this machine when Dell took my money to pay for the three years warranty on the machine, and that Dell have further confirmed I am the owner of the machine by virtue of the fact that Dell have sent engineers out to repair the machine on more than one occasion.

If Dell are saying that I am not the owner, then either Dell are committing a fraud or have taken money under false pretenses by selling me the warranty on a machine I don't own, Dell cannot have it both ways.’

As yet I have not had a reply to my email!

I shall also be pointing out to Dell that due to the fact that I only have a telephone call from Dell informing me that they own the machine and that the telephone number was withheld I require proof of their claim on the machine. If they are not prepared to do this, then I shall have no alternative then to ask the court to order Dell to prove that they own the machine.

Dell will have to take this matter to the County Court, and I will insist that they use the County Court near me in Croydon and not one near to them!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Dell computer you can have if you get desperate and they insist on taking it back! I wouldn't buy one ever again. My last two purchases have been second hand gaming machines from Ebay that work perfectly with photos. And a bargain at £120!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Dell (Don't Ever Last Long) have now refunded the warranty money. I have told them that the police have told me not to return the computer unless I have proof that they own it.

Also if that is the case, then as I have stored it for over three years at my place than I have sent them a bill for the storage costs at £1 per day. Funny they have not replied as yet!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James990 View Post
    Also if that is the case, then as I have stored it for over three years at my place than I have sent them a bill for the storage costs at £1 per day. Funny they have not replied as yet!!
    Amazing story! Please keep us informed when and if they answer and how they react about refunding you the storage costs! :)
    Hey young world